Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Soon to start CPAP - Question on dehydration
RE: Soon to start CPAP - Question on dehydration
I have no confidence in mandibular advancement. Your problems are not obstructive. Septoplasty sounds like another guy who sees a nail and wants to hit it with a hammer. I don't buy any of it. Good post by Hydrangea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2019, 07:39 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I have no confidence in mandibular advancement. Your problems are not obstructive. Septoplasty sounds like another guy who sees a nail and wants to hit it with a hammer.  I don't buy any of it. Good post by Hydrangea.

Oh my, thank you, now I've got 2 votes of no-confidence in surgeries that I'm too weak to undergo!!

Sleeprider, are you thinking my problems are mainly Central Apnea? Ever since I've been using the cannula, I've had relief from that awful brain fog I was getting from doing partial nights of CPAP.

BTW, my oximetry looks stellar either way: 1.5 LPM or 2.0 LPM. But I get up feeling hypoxic whenever I've had to eat during the night - reflux in my airway. I'm supposed to eat my last meal and not lie down for 3 hours. Sometimes I just don't last until morning; I get ravenous at 3:00 or 4:00 am. Then reflux. Then another sinus rinse and breathing exercises to relax my vocal cords.
Post Reply Post Reply
In your case, hunger is good...may I recommend pizza, potato chips and beer. Weight should be no problem at all. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2019, 10:03 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: In your case, hunger is good...may I recommend pizza, potato chips and beer. Weight should be no problem at all. Smile

Ohhh, if you only knew, LOL. It's low fat & low acid for reflux. So ... my version of pizza & potato chips these days is GF pancakes made from toasted oat flour, drenched in maple syrup with a squeeze of lime and kiwi slices. I've never tasted anything so good. Then elk burger with potatoes & sweet peppers fried in olive oil. I've had my fair share of shrimp lately.

I really hope to get back to the Coconut Bliss ice cream one of these days; DH got me cherry amaretto, and it's delicious, but it killed a night of sleep for me (the fat, it relaxes those esophageal sphincters). Maybe I have to eat it in the morning!

I'm getting through the night on coconut water - it's alkaline.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 1,019 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,441 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 320 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 530 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 1,049 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Need to start CPAP and feeling overwhelmed shipofools999 11 1,252 10-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 543 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.