Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sore Nose Bridge
Sore Nose Bridge
Good morning fellow hose heads! I found the perfect mask for me. It's the new Pico by PR. It's light and there's very little surface contact for a mask. Two straps and then the small nasal mask. It's comfortable and leaves very few marks. But herein lies my problem; the bridge of my nose is red and a little sore. I've tried a Band-Aid. What can I do to make my nose more "accepting" of my new friend? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sore Nose Bridge
Make sure you are putting the mask on correctly and it is not overly tight. See if there are any YouTube videos covering it.

Make sure you have the right size. Try the next size up.

The next thing would be to try one of the gel nasal pads. There's the Gecko and the Pad-a-cheek (I think that's the name). They are gel pads that provide a cushion and help pad the top of the nose against such things.

And the final thing would be to try another mask. There's lots out there and while you like this one, sores are NOT a good thing. It is not something to mess with as it will only get worse. Putting on and taking off a band-aid every day is not good for the skin, either.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well I can't handle the nasal pillows. And all other masks have the silicone that just rubs me the wrong way. Too-funny It doesn't hurt, but it might if I keep it on there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, then the gel pads may be your only way to go. Give them a try. There's also cloth liners but that may not be enough for you.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2015, 07:42 AM)rockncountry101 Wrote: Good morning fellow hose heads! I found the perfect mask for me. It's the new Pico by PR. It's light and there's very little surface contact for a mask. Two straps and then the small nasal mask. It's comfortable and leaves very few marks. But herein lies my problem; the bridge of my nose is red and a little sore. I've tried a Band-Aid. What can I do to make my nose more "accepting" of my new friend? Thanks!
Same problem here! Three nights into using CPAP, my bridge of my nose is red and sore, too. Today I picked up a Gecko nasal pad and will be wearing it tonight. Hoping it will make a difference.

My first thought was also a band-aid, but when I tried that last night, my mask didn't a tight connection where the band-aid was and air leaked.

Tom
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2015, 06:40 PM)tom63130 Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 07:42 AM)rockncountry101 Wrote: Good morning fellow hose heads! I found the perfect mask for me. It's the new Pico by PR. It's light and there's very little surface contact for a mask. Two straps and then the small nasal mask. It's comfortable and leaves very few marks. But herein lies my problem; the bridge of my nose is red and a little sore. I've tried a Band-Aid. What can I do to make my nose more "accepting" of my new friend? Thanks!
Same problem here! Three nights into using CPAP, my bridge of my nose is red and sore, too. Today I picked up a Gecko nasal pad and will be wearing it tonight. Hoping it will make a difference.

My first thought was also a band-aid, but when I tried that last night, my mask didn't a tight connection where the band-aid was and air leaked.

Tom

Don't forget to let us know how it works. Which mask are you using?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2015, 07:33 PM)rockncountry101 Wrote: Don't forget to let us know how it works. Which mask are you using?

Will let you know! I'm using the Eson mask from F&P. So far, I like it except for the redness issue at the bridge of my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2015, 08:09 PM)tom63130 Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 07:33 PM)rockncountry101 Wrote: Don't forget to let us know how it works. Which mask are you using?

Will let you know! I'm using the Eson mask from F&P. So far, I like it except for the redness issue at the bridge of my nose.

The Pico is PR's take on the Eson. It's awesome. I'm going to try it again tonight. Perhaps after a few washings it will be better. I also heard to wash your face before you put it on. And be sure to wash it every day!
Post Reply Post Reply
I put the bandaids on the mask pads instead of on my nose. They last for a week or more.

I got a new mask with my new machine. I'm still getting used to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Gecko nose pad didn't feel good against the already-sore bridge of my nose. So waited a few days for my nose to heal by not using the CPAP for the last 3-4 nights, and tried the Gecko last night, but it didn't want to stay in place under the very soft & flexible Eson mask. Concerned that it would slip away overnight and my nose bridge be aggravated again, I've opted against it and went another night without my CPAP.

I have an appointment later today to get a new mask. I'm pretty sure I'm going to try a nasal pillow-type mask to stay away from anything touching the sensitive bridge of my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,814 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 197 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 152 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,980 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 426 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 648 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.