Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sores on the nasal bridge from Resmed Mirage Quattro full face mask
RE: Sores on the nasal bridge from Resmed Mirage Quattro full face mask
(08-03-2016, 08:07 PM)chill Wrote: No, it has only a single seal and no stiffeners. I have a pretty tender nose and the Eson does not bother me. Perhaps you have it too tight on the top?

I will quote you Chill, because you have partially answered what others asked about the Eson mask.

I don't think it is too tight on the top, if anything I may need to tighten it a little to raise the mask up so the rubber piece doesn't sit on the bridge of my nose.

The stabiliser on the Eson is designed to sit against the forehead where it hooks in to the straps, at no other point does it come close to contacting my nose or face.

I have the mask itself sitting fairly "loose" against my face, it breaks the seal easily if I yawn or smile.

Since I've set it that way the mark on the bridge of my nose has not been quite as bad, so getting the mask to sit higher on my face might help reduce the mark even more, though then my nostrils will be almost sitting in the bottom of the mask and that may possibly cause other problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can stick a finger in between the stabilizer and my forehead without dislodging the seal. Getting the right fit has been a learning process (read as Trial and Error and Error and Error).
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2016, 12:45 AM)chill Wrote: I can stick a finger in between the stabilizer and my forehead without dislodging the seal. Getting the right fit has been a learning process (read as Trial and Error and Error and Error).

If I set mine that loose it wouldn't even seal..

Are you sure we are using the same mask?

F&P Eson series one is what I have, not the new one recently released.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2016, 07:00 AM)Ockrocket Wrote: If I set mine that loose it wouldn't even seal..

Are you sure we are using the same mask?

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure you are two different people. Mask fit is tricky and what works for one often won't work for another.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2016, 04:48 PM)PaytonA Wrote: For anyone interested in the original post having to do with trimming the stiffeners, it is at, http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...6#pid62766. I will see if I can not come up with some illustration for those of the visual persuasion. I am not good with this artsy-fartsy kinda stuff but I will give it a shot.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Good job on finding that necrothread.
I get it now. An unnecessary mod for me...
I guess I just have the perfect nose.
(Now if someone cannot make a joke when I give a straight line like that...)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2016, 10:58 PM)Ockrocket Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 08:07 PM)chill Wrote: No, it has only a single seal and no stiffeners. I have a pretty tender nose and the Eson does not bother me. Perhaps you have it too tight on the top?

I will quote you Chill, because you have partially answered what others asked about the Eson mask.

I don't think it is too tight on the top, if anything I may need to tighten it a little to raise the mask up so the rubber piece doesn't sit on the bridge of my nose.

The stabiliser on the Eson is designed to sit against the forehead where it hooks in to the straps, at no other point does it come close to contacting my nose or face.

I have the mask itself sitting fairly "loose" against my face, it breaks the seal easily if I yawn or smile.

Since I've set it that way the mark on the bridge of my nose has not been quite as bad, so getting the mask to sit higher on my face might help reduce the mark even more, though then my nostrils will be almost sitting in the bottom of the mask and that may possibly cause other problems.

That is where they are supposed sit.
You adjust tension on an eason with the bottom straps. And the mask rides lower than most.
If the stabilier is touching your forehead its much to tight on top.
If it leaks unless you put it that tight you are using the wrong size cushion.
Eson is one of if not the most loosely fitting best sealing masks on the market.

Example. I have worn mine so loose one side bottom strap came loose in my sleep. The mask still sealed well enough not to wake me or go above the machines large leak threshold for half an hour.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2016, 10:28 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: That is where they are supposed sit.
You adjust tension on an eason with the bottom straps. And the mask rides lower than most.
Eson is one of if not the most loosely fitting best sealing masks on the market.

Example. I have worn mine so loose one side bottom strap came loose in my sleep. The mask still sealed well enough not to wake me or go above the machines large leak threshold for half an hour.

Last night I adjusted the position of the head strap so the mask sat higher on my nose.
I still left the lower straps relatively loose, simply sat the whole rig "further back" on my head so the mask was higher.

Though I was thinking the mask would sit too close to my nasal openings, and it was close, I still found it tolerable for most of the night and only woke up once because of it.

This morning I awoke with no painful area on the top of my nose... not even the usual red mark I have when I remove the mask.

Hopefully this will continue to be the morning norm from now on. Cool

Thanks for the input guys. Thanks

[Image: 20160805_234508_zpsrhlwaqcl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2016, 03:35 AM)Ockrocket Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 10:28 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: That is where they are supposed sit.

Last night I adjusted the position of the head strap so the mask sat higher on my nose.
I still left the lower straps relatively loose, simply sat the whole rig "further back" on my head so the mask was higher.

Though I was thinking the mask would sit too close to my nasal openings, and it was close, I still found it tolerable for most of the night and only woke up once because of it.

This morning I awoke with no painful area on the top of my nose... not even the usual red mark I have when I remove the mask.

Hopefully this will continue to be the morning norm from now on. Cool

Thanks for the input guys. Thanks

[Image: 20160805_234508_zpsrhlwaqcl.jpg]

Hard to judge from a pic. But I and my wife and a friend use the Eson. It does not set nearly that high on any of us nor is stabilizer touching any of our foreheads.

Just going by that pic your cushion is a size to big.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hard to say from that picture, I but do agree that the mask seems high and large for your face.
Post Reply Post Reply
The mask is a Medium.

It sits halfway between the bottom of my nose and the edge of my upper lip.

The whole mask seals well, the lower straps are not tight.

And how do you not have the top part of the stabiliser touching your forehead?
That is how the clinician set it up when I first picked the machine up.
If the stabiliser doesn't have contact there is nothing to keep the mask from flopping loosely on my face.

Do you guys perhaps have a different style of head strap?

However, the mask is sitting comfortably since I've moved it up a little, and it is not leaving the painful red mark on my nose between my eyes now, so I can live with it. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 526 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,983 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,081 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,227 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,611 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.