Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sort of Frustrating
RE: Sort of Frustrating
(02-16-2013, 10:02 AM)Shastzi Wrote: What Sleepster & vsheline said.
There you are Paul. You have your marching orders!
Now go forth and CONQUER!

*giggle*
=^.^=

Thanks for all of the input from everyone. I am stubborn, so I will find a way Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2013, 07:58 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The prescription does not need to say APAP if you are paying out of pocket. So go back and tell him you saw the error of your ways and will bow to his superior wisdom while, in your mind, you are flipping him a bird and dancing naked behind his back.

I just laughed right out loud about this one. Laugh-a-lot

Gloria
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2013, 04:48 PM)Alzwell Wrote:
(02-15-2013, 07:58 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The prescription does not need to say APAP if you are paying out of pocket. So go back and tell him you saw the error of your ways and will bow to his superior wisdom while, in your mind, you are flipping him a bird and dancing naked behind his back.

I just laughed right out loud about this one. Laugh-a-lot

Gloria

I think Paula should have left that "in your mind" part out; but, then again, I've never been accused of having good judgement...or an abundance of self control either.
Post Reply Post Reply
No longer frustrated
Well, stuborness sometimes pays off. Found a vendor who is very understanding and was able to get a Auto Cpap at a nice price and they were not picky about the details Bigwink. Its a new Respironics System One 560P Auto with full warranty, not a refurbished. Tonight is my first night and well see how it goes.Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I experienced a similar frustrating experience. My DME told me they would only give me a Phillips machine ("company policy") and if I wanted a ResMed, which they have in stock and sell/rent, the doctor would specifically have to write "ResMed" on the prescription. Now mind you they are EXACTLY the same type of machine (auto VPAP), just different brands.

My Dr. did it of course but still the whole DME process for this stuff just *reaks* of racketeering.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 608 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  [Diagnosis] AHI scores - what sort of range do people have? p123 4 506 10-14-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jstro84
  Frustrating new sleep patterns - the good and the bad rebean 2 624 09-09-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: brmage
Sad New CPAP user (sort of)Headaches every morning twincessmom13 8 1,232 10-25-2022, 11:31 AM
Last Post: twincessmom13
Wink Good luck, sort of JamesW 4 1,580 07-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Last Post: JamesW
  "Sort of" a new member! Dagswe21 9 1,828 01-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Beej
  This is so frustrating.... jen61 24 4,158 07-01-2016, 09:00 AM
Last Post: green wings

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.