Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sp02 of my parents
Sp02 of my parents
Hello all,

I have been diagnosed with severe sleep-apnea and is currently doing CPAP Therapy. My AHI came down from 86 to 2. The root cause of my apnea lies in my jaw structure which according to the doctor I've inherited from my parents. Now my parents snore really loud, but never underwent a sleep test. I did a Sp02 test for them and the adjusted AHI is above 10. Does it make sense to do a sleep test for them?

Dad

Mom

Thanks in advance for you help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sp02 of my parents
Oximeters aren't the best way to determine sleep apnea. They can be unreliable due to hand movements and loose connections.

There are a couple of sleepiness tests that can help you. One is called Epworth Sleepiness test located on this link. https://www.apneaboard.com/sleep-apnea-i...iness-test

The other is called the Berlin Questionaire on this link. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...stionnaire

These may help you decide which way to proceed.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the best way to record SP02 for OSCAR Ghandi 2 429 09-08-2023, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Ghandi
  [CPAP] Initial Sleep onset CA's associated with lower Sp02 ducksinerr 1 526 07-23-2022, 07:34 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Lower altitidue & improved Sp02 readings MCS2014 4 729 01-17-2022, 10:27 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Oximiter Sp02 Check Phil7 5 809 10-20-2021, 08:06 AM
Last Post: MoreBeers
  concern about SP02 levels Snowy2020 24 2,388 10-12-2021, 08:57 AM
Last Post: kbauhs
  SP02 levels and sleep apnea, pressure etc. revbkelly 10 1,392 07-21-2021, 09:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Confused.....Parents think i am "crazy" . Still tired on APAP trial sleepytin 9 1,587 02-23-2021, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.