Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SpO2 data from my wrist oximeter (PC-68B)
Idea 
SpO2 data from my wrist oximeter (PC-68B)
I have a wrist Oximeter (PC-68B) I use regularly to monitor my sleep and cross validate my data from my CPAP. I would like to integrate the SpO2 data with all my CPAP data in Sleepyhead. However it seems like only few oximeter models are directly supported by Sleepyhead.

Any one with ideas on how I can get the data from my Oximeter in to Sleepyhead so I can see them alongside the CPAP data? Sleepyhead is not able to recognise the Oximeter when following the suggested procedure for importing SpO2 data and I am not able to import the .dat file from the device either.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SpO2 data from my wrist oximeter (PC-68B)
Hello, Otil, and welcome to Apnea Board. I'm not familiar with the PC-68B. Who makes it, and how can I search for it with Google (links are not allowed to commercial sites)?
I have made some modifications to the oximeter import routines, and could possibly do more...
It's not easy to add new devices to SleepyHead; it doesn't get updated frequently, although an update is being worked on. At this point the easiest way to get a new data format integrated would be to write a translator from the PC-68B format to either the SpO2 format of the Contec devices or the .dat format of the ChoiceMed oximeters. This is not a trivial task, but not impossible. At the least we would need several dat files with their matching reports (in pdf form, not paper...). Does the PC-68B software allow data export to a csv or spreadsheet format? Those formats are well known, so creating a translator would be easier, of course.
But first off, tell us about the PC-68B, please.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Pholynyk

Thanks a lot for your response and offer to assist.

The oximeter is produced by CMI Health. I can try to ask if they could share their datamodel, but I doubt.

Until now I have worked with the SpO2 data in a system called Oximeter Data Manager v. 5.0.0.1
 In this system I am able to view the data presented in different ways. I am also able to export data in two ways: Either as an export of one hour of data in CSV format or I can export a full backup for a specified period in a dat file.

I can send you a few examples as private mails if you find it relevant to investigate.

Cheers, Lito
Post Reply Post Reply
For those who are haveing a had time reading the small print above . . .
(08-09-2018, 04:50 PM)Otil Wrote: Hi Pholynyk

Thanks a lot for your response and offer to assist.

The oximeter is produced by CMI Health. I can try to ask if share their data model, but
Until now I have worked with the SpO2 data in a system called Oximeter Data Manager v. 5.0.0.1
 In this system I am able to view the data presented in different ways. I am also able to export data in two ways: Either as an export of one hour of data in CSV format or I can export a full backup for a specified period in a dat file.

I can send you a few examples as private mails if you find it relevant to investigate

Cheers,
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,545 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 118 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 146 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,069 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,301 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 121 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 574 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.