Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help. I must quickly, accept or reject an unfamiliar VAuto by 3PM PDT, Sun 5/5
RE: Please help. I must quickly, accept or reject an unfamiliar VAuto by 3PM PDT, Sun 5/5
Awesome numbers.
You should always include Events in your graphs as tells us when events occur.
With these kinds of numbers how you feel is more important than numbers.

The only potentially disrupting thing I see is your flow limitations which are not included in the AHI calculations. To see if these can be reduced try a PS of 4 and increase your max pressure by 1 to give the PS room to work. IPA0 = EPAP + PS
Note how you feel at these settings vs last night's settings. I consider this an optional change
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help. I must quickly, accept or reject an unfamiliar VAuto by 3PM PDT, Sun 5/5
Excellent, and I agree with Fred. Hope you're feeling as good as this looks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2019, 08:53 AM)bonjour Wrote: My (2SB's) replies to bonjour have been inserted in blue-colored font:
Awesome numbers. Agreed. Hard to believe my eyes. I think last night was even better.
You should always include Events in your graphs as tells us when events occur. Done, as below.
With these kinds of numbers how you feel is more important than numbers. Feel great despite short sleep, not being able to get back to sleep after a trip to toilet.

The only potentially disrupting thing I see is your flow limitations which are not included in the AHI calculations.  To see if these can be reduced try a PS of 4 and increase your max pressure by 1 to give the PS room to work. IPA0 = EPAP + PS I made the changes. Looks like a definite reduction in FL last night, plus, as last posted, snore has nearly been eliminated.
Note how you feel at these settings vs last night's settings. Usually, after less than 6 hours (machine time "sleep") I feel it, drag a bit and don't feel "with it", but don't seem to tonight (2150 PDT now). I doubt it's placebo effect. I consider this an optional change.

See chart below and pictures of AirCurve summary screens for last night. (The graphics are not evident in the PREVIEW, but they do show as numbered attachments. Hope they post or  I must find the way to do it.)

[attachment=11853][attachment=11858][attachment=11859]
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2019, 03:24 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Excellent, and I agree with Fred.  Hope you're feeling as good as this looks.

Many thanks, Sleeprider, for keeping me from choosing a different device, for encouragement and the site with helps from you and the team of experts at AB who have continually brought me along to this point.

Both the helps specific to my posts, as in this thread from bonjour and others, and the helps from observing the assistance given to others the past 3 1/2 years have been invaluable.  As I mentioned just above, I think I'm unusually "chipper" after a short sleep, thanks to the VAuto and good advice.

A related matter: It looks to me like a lot of the sleep motions I've seen coinciding with FR spikes at snores (the Autoset-SH combination would present) was motion-caused breathing irregularity rather than snore-caused motion. I need to revisit synchronized graphs of motions and flow irregularities to see if that surprising first impression holds true; it looks like the VAuto cleans up both  breathing and (possibly) false signaling of snore when one moves during sleep. A preliminary look-see indicated a larger than usual number of the FR spikes did not align with a snore reported by the AirCurve-SH combination. 

I will post what I find and believe it should be in a thread apart from this thread that requested purchase-decision help. I hope those who can interpret the graphics far better than I will comment and that something useful emerges. The topic is fascinating apart from preoccupation with personal health. 

2SB
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yet again another success story. I'm hoping someone at AB keeps score?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,299 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 985 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 151 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 151 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,364 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
  ResMed VAuto single beep at times? k888 4 144 04-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: k888
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 222 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.