Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't figure out what's wrong with me.
Sad 
Can't figure out what's wrong with me.
Hello everyone, I was hoping some of you could maybe shed some light on what's going on with me. I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea a couple of years ago and started using a cpap machine. In the last 6 months I've found myself having terrible symptoms and my doctor says I have started having mild central apnea but not enough to warrant a new sleep study. I feel like my cpap is making things worse and really want to try a different type of machine.

It's gotten to the point where I'll go weeks with barely any sleep. My main problem is when I'm trying to fall asleep and just closing my eyes, I'll forget to breathe and just gasp for air. This last week it has been better but typically it will happen constantly while I'm trying to fall asleep. It even feels like my heart is stopping sometimes when I get a really intense gasping for air sensation.

I recently raised the pressure on my machine up to 11 from 8 and it seems to help a bit but the mask will leak sometimes and I also still don't feel rested in the morning. 

I downloaded OSCAR this week and have attached the data from one night. I don't have data yet from a night where I'm having a ton of my gasping for breath sensations but I figured maybe you all could tell me if anything looks out of the ordinary from this particular night. I'm trying to learn how to read all the data but a lot of it still doesn't make much sense to me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you all had a great weekend!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't figure out what's wrong with me.
Welcome to the forum.

These charts don't have anything that requires a change.

That said an attempt to fix the little things.
Set EPR =2, Fulltime.  This should help with the flow limits that show and more importantly those that are not.

Let us know.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Can Anyone Help me figure out what this is? jmperez1013 1 158 03-11-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 330 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 543 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,460 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 320 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 470 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 574 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.