Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Spell Checking
Spell Checking
I notice that the built in spell checking in Firefox doesn't work when I'm posting on this board. On most other boards, when i type, misspelled words get underlined by Firefox as I type. For some reason, this doesn't work on this board.

I don't know the technospeak of what causes this to happen.

For instance, Yahoo and the board that shall not be named do highlight spelling errors as I type.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Spell Checking
(03-08-2012, 08:13 PM)archangle Wrote: I notice that the built in spell checking in Firefox doesn't work when I'm posting on this board. On most other boards, when i type, misspelled words get underlined by Firefox as I type. For some reason, this doesn't work on this board.

For instance, Yahoo and the board that shall not be named do highlight spelling errors as I type.

Arch, try this:

Reply to this thread, and in the box where you enter text, right click anywhere in that box, and make sure the option ox for "check spelling" has a check mark in it. Could be you accidentally turned this off for apneaboard.com perhaps?

Anyone else having this issue? I'm using Firefox for Linux and it's working fine, underlining my misspelled words (a lot of red in my posts) Bigwink

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
My autocorrect works fine, actually too well sometimes.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2012, 11:04 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(03-08-2012, 08:13 PM)archangle Wrote: I notice that the built in spell checking in Firefox doesn't work when I'm posting on this board. On most other boards, when i type, misspelled words get underlined by Firefox as I type. For some reason, this doesn't work on this board.

Arch, try this:

Reply to this thread, and in the box where you enter text, left click anywhere in that box, and make sure the option ox for "check spelling" has a check mark in it. Could be you accidentally turned this off for apneaboard.com perhaps?

Anyone else having this issue? I'm using Firefox for Linux and it's working fine, underlining my misspelled words (a lot of red in my posts) Bigwink

you mean left click right here where i'm typing? it shows nothing. no box, no options, as if i didn't click. now right click gives the usual copy, paste options. i'm using win vista.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Ooopss. I mean RIGHT CLICK... sorry, I'll correct that in my post. That may be specific to Firefox... not sure what right clicking inside Internet Explorer would do.

Apology-2
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2012, 11:38 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Ooopss. I mean RIGHT CLICK... sorry, I'll correct that in my post. That may be specific to Firefox... not sure what right clicking inside Internet Explorer would do.

Apology-2

it just gives cut/copy/paste/undo/select all/delete

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2012, 11:57 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: it just gives cut/copy/paste/undo/select all/delete

You must be using Internet Explorer then, correct? Not Firefox...

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2012, 12:07 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(03-08-2012, 11:57 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: it just gives cut/copy/paste/undo/select all/delete

You must be using Internet Explorer then, correct? Not Firefox...

Thinking-about

correct. 100% windows man.

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
So, there's no way to use the spell checker with IE?
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2012, 06:25 AM)Sleepster Wrote: So, there's no way to use the spell checker with IE?

I think there is, but I think you have to install the newer version of Internet Explorer.... found this for IE ver. 9:

Quote:Checking to see if spell check is enabled

You can check if the Internet Explorer spell check add-on is enabled in Internet Explorer 9:

a. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
b. Click the Tools button, and then click Manage Add-ons.
c. Under Show, click All add-ons.
d. Click the Internet Explorer spell check add-on, and then click Enable.

Internet Explorer add-ons: frequently asked questions:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windo...-questions

Not sure, but if the spell-check addon is not installed, you may have to download third-party software for that. Here's three free spell checkers I've found, although I have no clue as to their safety or reliability or whether they'll work with your version of Internet Explorer:

http://www.iespell.com/

http://www.ie7pro.com/spell-checker.html

http://www.speckie.com/home/

Any of you Internet Explorer users have info to add here? Huh

Thanks.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Checking pressure Made 2 367 10-01-2023, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  On my 4th week, checking in tormund 3 672 03-01-2022, 04:09 PM
Last Post: tormund
  New guy checking in MikeWarner 2 679 12-03-2020, 10:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Just checking in ... how am I looking? Harlon 4 1,076 07-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Harlon
Question Double checking to see if I have properly identified my machine florida34972 1 915 06-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Thumbsup Checking in Vitamin J 1 1,076 10-22-2018, 02:35 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  [Equipment] Checking Hours on an S9 Elite drbones 2 1,341 10-02-2018, 11:06 PM
Last Post: drbones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.