Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Spetzal's ResMed therapy
Spetzal's ResMed therapy
CPAP 13, EPR 3

About 3 nights in on switching from Respironics Dreamstation to ResMed AirSense 10...and I love it!  I can see why so many here favor ResMed.
My positive observations compared to the Dreamstation:
1) it gives me higher humidity, allowing me to use my prescribed pressure (sensitive sinuses)
2)  the EPR seems to flow/adapt well to my breathing, whereas  Dreamstation CFlex anticipated me...was rigid
3)  humidifier warm-up feature before using my mask is very welcome! (sensitive sinuses)
4) my overall stats have improved
5) for the first time in months, Im sleeping more than 4 1/2 hours (6 1/2 to 9 1/2)

My physical health has seen a lot of consistent improvement this year, and I anticipate that to be ongoing.  This, unfortunately, seems to have put me in this fluctuating state with my existing health issues, including apnea.  A soft servical collar for my positional apnea certainly helped, but it caused more pain/dissatisfaction than dealing with the increased positional apnea.  I notice the ResMed allows me to baby step the increments in 0.2cmH20, so raising the limit a bit MIGHT be tolerable if a pressure increase is warranty.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Spetzal's ResMed therapy
last night's example

1st screenshot:  overview
2nd: CA events
3rd: no events

observations on 2nd:  Im struggling to understand why/how these CA events could possibly actually be OA...or if theyre actually CA.  Considering my AHI, its not terribly concerning, but Im very curious to understand this possibility.  My OSCAR intepretation skills are quite low.

observations on 3rd:  My flow rate has remarkably improved.  Granted, not textbook perfect, but no more jagged plateaus and peaks on inspiration.  Expiration still seems a bit sharp, but again...not the dramatic "fall off a cliff" that was previously occurring.

Id really appreciate any helpful observations.  Looking to improve my understanding/interpretation skills.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 67 1,179 3 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 857 9 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 579 Yesterday, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 482 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 531 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 811 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  OviBerger - AC11 Therapy OviBerger 3 105 04-09-2024, 09:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.