Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Spike in AHI
Last night was my first night using a new mask - * Mojo full face.

I had a massive spike in AHI. From the data it looks to me like there was a major leakage for some minutes followed by a large clustering of CAs.

Did the leak cause the CAs?

[img][Image: dA8xjva.png][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
Those leaks are brief breaks in the mask seal that you seem to have immediately fixed. The patter suggests to me this caused a sleep disturbance and those centrals may not be anything to worry about. At the beginning of the night there is a lot of high amplitude berating or hyperventilation. As that calmed down, you scored 2-centrals in what I assume is sleep transition. Everything is quiet until 09:00 when there is a break in therapy followed quickly by the first mask seal break and more hyperventilation. The central cluster seems to be during transition to sleep. A similar pattern repeats at 10:15. Note that every therapy break has this high amplitude breathing, sometimes followed by centrals.

My conclusion is that with this new mask, your starting pressure is too low, and you hyperventilate until you get higher pressure. It looks like you need to be at a minimum of 7.4 based on where that pattern seems to abate.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI spike Carole Pruett 6 191 11-06-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Kryogen
  [Treatment] Spike in Obstructives - Potential Causes? bonesmurones 5 281 06-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Last Post: bonesmurones
Question Sudden Spike of OAs chill 9 824 05-14-2016, 07:44 PM
Last Post: chill
  [CPAP] OA Events preceded by flow spike rhodesengr 5 834 02-03-2016, 09:58 AM
Last Post: AshSF
  SleepyHead shows AHI spike about the same time every night ISnoreBadly 24 3,951 07-17-2015, 01:41 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last