Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Spike in AHI
Spike in AHI
Last night was my first night using a new mask - SleepNet Mojo full face.

I had a massive spike in AHI. From the data it looks to me like there was a major leakage for some minutes followed by a large clustering of CAs.

Did the leak cause the CAs?

[img][Image: dA8xjva.png][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Spike in AHI
Those leaks are brief breaks in the mask seal that you seem to have immediately fixed. The patter suggests to me this caused a sleep disturbance and those centrals may not be anything to worry about. At the beginning of the night there is a lot of high amplitude berating or hyperventilation. As that calmed down, you scored 2-centrals in what I assume is sleep transition. Everything is quiet until 09:00 when there is a break in therapy followed quickly by the first mask seal break and more hyperventilation. The central cluster seems to be during transition to sleep. A similar pattern repeats at 10:15. Note that every therapy break has this high amplitude breathing, sometimes followed by centrals.

My conclusion is that with this new mask, your starting pressure is too low, and you hyperventilate until you get higher pressure. It looks like you need to be at a minimum of 7.4 based on where that pattern seems to abate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is that spike in Flow limit? urachan 7 511 03-16-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: urachan
Question [CPAP] Sudden spike in AHI Airo 9 4,558 10-24-2023, 03:22 AM
Last Post: ario
  Flow limitation spike right after falling asleep fishfinderG 3 479 05-03-2023, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  OSCAR Data: Random spike in flow rate ThisIsNotHowIAm 17 2,512 01-08-2022, 09:55 AM
Last Post: ThisIsNotHowIAm
  What is causing these HR spike? MyronH 2 1,227 06-12-2018, 09:38 PM
Last Post: MyronH
  AHI spike Carole Pruett 6 1,489 11-06-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Kryogen
  [Treatment] Spike in Obstructives - Potential Causes? bonesmurones 5 1,492 06-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Last Post: bonesmurones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.