Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto or ST
RE: [Split]ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto or ST
(08-08-2019, 08:49 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think your results are very good, with departures in the normal range.  We all have some nights that are more restless than others.  If every night looked like August 1 or worse, we would do something about the centrals, perhaps titrating downward on PS, but as your results are very good overall, I don't see the need.  Feel free to experiment within small ranges (i.e. change PS to 3.8, 3.6, 3.4) and see if it makes a difference for you, but if you make changes give them enough time to average out and show you if there is a trend.

Well I wish my results had stayed like they were when I first got this machine, but I gave it quite a bit of time, and most of the time my results are worse than August 1st.  

I noticed that most of the clustered CA Events seemed to be right after I put the mask back on after either first going to bed or after getting up to go to the bathroom and putting it back on again.  I had enabled Ramp ... although I had changed it from the apparent default of 45 minutes to 5 minutes.... so when I put the mask on it was starting out with a pressure of 5 cmH20.  I noticed for example in the August 23 report:

that each time I put the mask on, especially while the mask pressure was increasing from 5 cmH20 to the EPAP of 12 cmH20 due to the ramp OR when the mask pressure was at the EPAP of 12 or 13 seemed to result in a cluster of CA events.

So last night to turned off Ramp, and that did seem to improve things... now it starts at 12.0 instead of 5.0 when SmartStart activates, and that is comfortable enough for me.  I never used Ramp with my old machine, and in fact when I had Ramp turned on and I first put the mask on I sometimes felt like I wasn't getting enough air and would breathe more deeply in those first 5 minutes when Ramp was active.

Still even with Ramp turned off, there was a cluster of CA events right after I put the mask back on between the two sleep sessions last night while the pressure was hanging around 12 cmH20.

[attachment=14784]

So it sounds like to me your suggestion if my settings needed to be tweaked since they mostly are worse than those of August 1st was to decrease the PS from 4 in small increments like to be 3.8, 3.6 etc to decrease the spread between Min EPAP and Max IPAP, rather than to increase the EPAP from 12 cmH20 to some higher value like 13 or 14? 

Any suggestions you might have would be welcomed! But I'll try PS 3.8 tonight.

It is sad that this VAuto seems to produce worse results than the AirSense 10 Autoset, especially when it was so good the first few nights after I got it! 

That machine hardly ever had CA events and the few it did have ... about one every month... seemed to not happen at all anymore when I changed the settings from 12-20 to 16-20.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto or ST
I'm fairly new around here.

I've read most of this thread with interest ... since I also have the AirCurve Vauto.  Does a CA event mean central apnea?  And if so, how does your machine report this to you?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 132 3 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 378 Yesterday, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,110 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,291 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 98 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 678 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.