Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Split]ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto or ST
RE: [Split]ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto or ST
(05-18-2019, 08:56 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The Airmini is not going to resemble a bilevel machine, however you can use EPR on that machine.  The Airmini clinical manual is available from Apnea board by request. Follow directions here.  https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

It should be easy to set the Airmini to 16-20 with EPR 3, but of course this is nothing like what you will get from the Vauto.

Thanks Sleeprider.  

I understand that the AirMini won't be anything like the AirCurve VAuto, but I hope that it will be good enough for my frequent (every other month) 10 - 14 day travels so I don't have to drag the AirCurve around the world and deal with the increasingly obnoxious and intrusive airport security.  

Do you think I would suffer any deleterious effects from using the AirMini maybe two weeks every other month and the AirCurve VAuto the rest of the time?  

The only problem I seem to have with the AirMini now is since I use an F20 Full Face Mask there is no humidity available on the AirMini and my mouth gets dryer than with the AirSence 10 AutoSet.. aside from the Ramp Up appears to start at 5 cwp which makes me feel like I am not getting enough air until it increases ... which I hope I can fix by changing the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I would personally would not use a travel machine for 30% of my sleep if it does not provide effective treatment (10 days out of 30) I would carry my full-size machine when I travel. In fact I do I work abroad 4 days a fortnight and carry my full-size cpap device with me
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm certain you can change the pressure and time settings for ramp. I'm sure you are aware of the Resmed HumidX and HumidX Plus that can be added to increase humidity (heat-moisture-exchanger HME). These only work with the nasal and pillow masks. I can think of a way that your F20 could be retrofitted to use it by using materials like are described in the EERS wiki. Unless you pack a free-standing humidifier, I don't see a current solution for that problem, and that would take away any size advantage to the Airmini.

As far as negative effect, I think you may not sleep as well, but it shouldn't affect your health. I don't find the Aircurve too large to pack, even on the motorcycle, so while I understand you are traveling the world on business, I still don't see the Aircurve 10 as a show-stopper.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve not scoring flow limitations, apneas? bemused 0 28 3 hours ago
Last Post: bemused
  Struggling with BiPAP AutoCurve VAUTO--Central Apneas Paul Massie 23 819 05-12-2019, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Please help. I must quickly, accept or reject an unfamiliar VAuto by 3PM PDT, Sun 5/5 2SleepBetta 24 624 05-11-2019, 11:23 AM
Last Post: crowtor
  help [complex sleep apnea, AirCurve 10 settings] THESLEEPYSCOT 31 875 05-01-2019, 12:59 PM
Last Post: THESLEEPYSCOT
  What settings are submitted in prescription for ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto? SleepFoo 13 458 04-23-2019, 10:34 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  Please give opinion on husband prescribed Resmed AirCurve 10 ST mowork 7 267 04-17-2019, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [split] F&P Brevida [An excellent alternative to the ResMed P10] Fats Drywaller 28 1,052 04-07-2019, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Reznik

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.