Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Split data into different profiles? [OSCAR]
Split data into different profiles? [OSCAR]
Is there a way to split what I have as data into different profiles? Like, one for each year?

While I do not want to lose the data from 7 yrs ago, I also don't really "need" it except for reference.

Is it as easy as just looking at the data dates and moving them into different folders?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Split data into different profiles?
That's an interesting question, Paula. I'm approaching five years, myself.
Bonjour may have some insight here, as he has already been looking at the file formats.
I'll keep it in mind as I work on the ResMed loader and database. If it's possible, it would probably be a utility program rather than part of OSCAR itself.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since SH/Oscar stores the raw data by year, could you create a new profile and set the "Do not import sessions older than" prior to importing the data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula,

Selecting out just some of the CPAP data should be straightforward.  I don't know about oximetry.

I think this sequence will work:
  1. Create a new profile
  2. File/Preferences and set not to import data before 7/1/2018 (or wherever you want to start from)
  3. Click on SD import, click on "specify" and navigate to the old profile, select the machine you used during that period, and select the backup directory.
I think that will import the CPAP data into your new profile.

Or, if you still have everything on an SD card, create a new profile, set the preferences not to import data before whenever you want to start from and import from the SD card.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Split data into different profiles? [OSCAR]
Okay. Gonna fiddle with things. If ya smell smoke, you know where it's from.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Split data into different profiles? [OSCAR]
Had some difficulties, all my fault.

Ended up deleting existing profile.
Created new one.
Preferences> don't upload older than (my A10 start date)
Finally re-read instructions above and pointed it to download data from the SH A10 "Backup" folder (not inside folder)

Then created another profile. Did the same as above but only imported from the S9 Backup Folder. Since that is 7 yrs vs not quite 2, it is taking longer to process. But it should work.

That will allow me to still access the S9 data, should I ever need it, but leave my active profile with current machine easier to open and view.

I also realized I've been on CPAP since 2004. Sadly, I had no data capable machine until 2012. What I would give to see my beginning data and data from various health situations caused by under-treated SA.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 5 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 44 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR lost my profiles! jtardo 13 188 03-25-2024, 07:40 PM
Last Post: jtardo
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 58 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 217 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.