Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High central apneas?
High central apneas?
I have a ResMed Autosense 10.  I am a little confused about the sleep report. 

I had total AHIs at around 8.  But close to 7 for central.  I found that odd.  I have only used it for 2 nights so far. 
I read that the units can sometimes falsely detect central events. 
But if the apneas are central in nature, that would mean I would need a different device with ASV which would be a disappointment if true.

I often pause my breathing for a few seconds when awake no I am not sure if that is contributing.

Just downloading the sleepyhead app now and will try to provide more details if needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High central apneas?
G'day 3mp0w3r. Yes please, we need to see the data. It would also really help if you filled in your profile.

As a general rule, pauses in breathing may be incorrectly flagged as central apneas - eg if you hold your breath while rolling over in bed. But does it really take 10 seconds to roll over? I think these false positives are probably the exception.

The important question is: Did your sleep study (if you had one) detect a significant number of central apneas without cpap? If that was the case, then maybe we do need to move the conversation towards a more expensive solution (ASV). On the other hand, if there were no centrals initially but they have only appeared once you started CPAP then they are possibly pressure-induced and may go away as you become more used to the machine.

Again, a #SleepyHead chart will tell us so much more!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 563 2 hours ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,517 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 126 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 859 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 701 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.