Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waking up after 4 hours every single night on APAP (feeling like absolute garbage)
RE: Waking up after 4 hours every single night on APAP (feeling like absolute garbage)
Don’t give up on the collar. The signs are still there. It may have been a bad fit or something else but I’m sticking with chin tucking.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Waking up after 4 hours every single night on APAP (feeling like absolute garbage)
I've only experienced it once over the month I've had the machine.

Edit: This was in response to "Do you ever wake up with air rushing out of your mouth?"

(03-05-2023, 06:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Don’t give up on the collar. The signs are still there. It may have been a bad fit or something else but I’m sticking with chin tucking.

I definitely hear you, because I still saw the cluster of events too. The problem is that I don't even know how to assess fit. I was trying to make sure that the collar prevented chin tuck, and I felt like it did. I was even fairly comfortable, but I woke up feeling terrible and the chart reflected poor sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update: So I feel the best I ever have since starting therapy. I still got about the same amount of sleep, but I feel better, so it's a good start. 

After continuous mouth leaks even with double mouth taping (w/ the Airfit N20; I also have a beard), I switched to the F&P Vitera full face mask, and after an unsuccessful day 1 (I didn't know that you had to wear the top straps loose and wear the mask low on the face), I have felt significant improvement. In my case, leaks are my number 1 enemy. If I can eliminate leaks, I can sleep the whole night with much better quality of sleep. 

I just have to figure out how to minimize mask leaks now. What do you guys think I should do? 

I'm thinking of getting the AirTouch F20, because I heard that it's great for people with beards. 

Here's the data. I started actually sleeping from after 12 AM. I woke up between 3:40 and 4:45ish or so.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I've ordered a padacheek mask liner, so that should hopefully help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 7 69 1 hour ago
Last Post: biboombap
  SleepHQ O2 Ring Alarm waking me up MurrayApnea 1 38 1 hour ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 13 400 5 hours ago
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 5 131 Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 137 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 193 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,230 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.