Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Spring Flooding
This is what Mother nature has done to my Hometown, Bracebridge.
we are South of Huntsville and expect their floodwaters to hit here by Sunday evening. Sorry, but I couldn't eliminate the startup commercials.

Flooding

Bompa
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow. That guy driving through the 3 feet of water in a Jeep was just plain lucky. That was a very dangerous attempt - most cars would get stranded as the water goes up and into the air intake.

Bompa - are you near the river area?
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2013, 08:56 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Wow. That guy driving through the 3 feet of water in a Jeep was just plain lucky. That was a very dangerous attempt - most cars would get stranded as the water goes up and into the air intake.

Bompa - are you near the river area?

No, thank goodness, I'm about 2 miles away and on high ground.

Post Reply Post Reply

Well, now, which is it? Was the water a meter deep or was it three feet? And do you live 2 miles or 3 km from the river?

According to the propaganda, the US is the only non-metric nation left on Earth!

But seriously, that's some nasty flooding. I'm glad you're on high ground. We had a flood like that here in Houston about 15 years ago, putting lots of people out of their houses. Some didn't survive.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You know Spring is here......... GrammaBear 15 943 04-20-2017, 04:44 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  SPRING FORWARD me50 1 700 03-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Spring .... or the lack thereof... cbramsey 10 2,746 04-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Tiny