Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Spring allergies
Spring allergies
Having some nasal congestion issues the past few nights. Every Spring when the pollen is thick I get congested in the evening. Usually goes away in a few weeks but I guess I used to mounts breathe but can’t do that with the CPAP machine. Got about 3 hours last night but then it felt like I wasn’t getting enough air. Any over the counter solutions for the US?
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Spring allergies
Use a hypoallergenic filter in your machine.

A bunch of over the counter products are available in the US - generic Flonase and other nasa sprays as well as generic Claritin and other antihistamines. You should talk to your doctor and see if they can give specific recommendations.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had allergy issues for years, especially at this time of the year. I use Allegra -- it used to be by Prescription only, but they made it available over the counter a few years back. A good thing about it is that it is a non drowsy medication.
Post Reply Post Reply
Switching to HEPA filters made a big difference for me, although I'm not sure they are available for the Deamstation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Masking with allergies cjde341 4 384 10-14-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  [Equipment] Philips Respironics DreamStation 1 Humidifier Flip Latch spring BigT56 2 542 09-23-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: BigT56
  Allergies and sleep apnea Rcgop 6 2,152 05-08-2022, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Surgery for OSA and UARS, help with allergies, food? Cblink19 0 600 02-09-2022, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cblink19
  Does anyone have Autumn allergies?? My sleep is now improving... CentralApneaUser909 1 638 06-30-2021, 03:53 PM
Last Post: factor
  Bad allergies and cpap use Saxmann 10 1,488 01-19-2021, 04:59 PM
Last Post: happydreams
  ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet vs. Dreamstation for Bad Seasonal Allergies? dreamstream 4 1,628 02-25-2019, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.