Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Spy Car Bill's (Hopefully) Excellent ASV Adventure
RE: Spy Car Bill's (Hopefully) Excellent ASV Adventure
I didn't say anything before as you had enough going on, but now that you mention deep breaths. The few H you zoomed in on previously, I wouldn't call H as they followed a large breath and lots of o2. I think it's just your body waiting for the excess O2 to drop off/co2 to build up before it wants to breathe, while the machine thinks it should do something.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2017, 05:00 PM)ajack Wrote: There is no urgency to get the pressures, just keep in mind that it needs to be done and not forgotten about.

the easiest way to get your head around it, would be to google and youtube introduction to mechanical ventilation and non invasive ventilation https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...entilation+ and how in hospital they adjust the machine to get different outcomes for the patient needs. It's a learning curve, because it talks about blood gasses and the many tests, the multitude of adjustments that are made on a ventilator. The min BPM is auto on ASV, so it's just to understand that bit too, but focus on how they adjust the tidal volume with PS and epap.

Thanks for the links. Looks like some pretty heady material (not that I'm adverse). The brain is starting to clear sufficiently to take this on.

I appreciate it!

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2017, 02:38 PM)ajack Wrote: I didn't say anything before as you had enough going on, but now that you mention deep breaths. The few H you zoomed in on previously, I wouldn't call H as they followed a large breath and lots of o2. I think it's just your body waiting for the excess O2 to drop off/co2 to build up before it wants to breathe, while the machine thinks it should do something.

Yes, that's what I think as well. It is typical when I'm just in "take-off" to sleep to take a big relaxing breath prior to entering sleep state. The ASV machine hates this and responds with pressure I don't like or need.

I'm trying to break the conscious habit. But I wonder if I do this subconsciously during the night? I bet I am.

I will try to post more CUs tomorrow.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to report that I had my 30-day phone consult last evening. The sleep doctor was thrilled with my results and was (predictably) happy with my Sleeprider's settings. This despite the fact that I'd kinda promised not to monkey around at first.

I brought up the breached "promise" explaining I couldn't possibly deal with 25 cmH20 of pressure (and so I made adjustments). He responded, "who could?" I was thinking, "Walla Walla?," but I kept my mouth shut.

He seems happy enough to leave dial spinning to me (et al), so that's good.

Things are going well. I still have a mix of sleep quality from the best I've had in memory to days when I still have some fatigue. But overall, a huge improvement.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on good report.

To a great weekend,
Dave B  Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2017, 02:28 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Congrats on good report.

To a great weekend,
Dave B  Coffee

Coffee

Back at you Dave!

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Now git your life back! Congrats!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a quick update. Things have been going really well for me on ASV. I'd say near-miraculous as a matter of fact. After many years of fractured and unrefreshing sleep, I'm sleeping again.

It has completely changed my life. No exaggeration.

I've let the thread die down a bit (so as not to hog forum resources), but I had to share this chart.

My first ever!

Bill

[Image: Q9HFamG.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Well-done To ongoing success:  lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats! You have worked hard and persevered mightily to achieve restful sleep again. You are an example and a great success story for others who struggle but want to give up. Tip of the cap to you.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 167 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
  [Diagnosis] Excellent AHI, poor sleep quality --> palatal prolapse? aquamike 5 830 12-18-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  BoxcarPete: An Adventure in Fine-Tuning BoxcarPete 32 1,526 12-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  KeepSmiling’s Book 2, ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Adventure/Treatment KeepSmiling 42 4,153 11-26-2022, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Medical baseline: saving a dollar a day on electricity bill thanks to CPAP NelsonM 3 1,103 09-07-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: BionicBreather
  [Equipment] Any CPAP Suppliers Who Don't Bill Deductible? msmith404040 0 620 02-12-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: msmith404040
  F&P Brevida [An excellent alternative to the ResMed P10] Fats Drywaller 28 8,037 04-07-2019, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Reznik

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.