Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Spy Car Bill's (Hopefully) Excellent ASV Adventure
RE: Spy Car Bill's (Hopefully) Excellent ASV Adventure
(10-18-2017, 11:55 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 11:48 AM)Spy Car Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 11:33 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I had suggested short ramp or auto.  Appreciate the feedback that ramp cannot be set higher than minimum EPAP.  The timing of ramp should correspond approximately to when you see the flow limits and snores start as that would be the onset of your sleep.  Pretty amazing how effective the machine is at squelching that.

Yes, you are correct. I'm responsible for goofing it up. If there is an "auto" ramp on the ASV, I'm not seeing it as an option. ...
Bill

NO-GO on auto ramp on my ASV either. Not that I'm using it, just verifying settings and options for it.

Thanks for the validation Dave. I'm still not trusting my brain not to miss something.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome. I'm on half brain too, but for other reasons. AB supports sympathy issues...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bill and Dave. Since I don't use the ASV, I have to defer to you guys for some of the finer details. Bill, give the ramp 15 minutes, and see how that goes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding ASV: if you ever want to be sure of anything about mine, just shoot message. I would have said shout, but you're a few hours away and over the mountains. BTW was near-ish last Friday eve. At Connoquenessing near Butler for church revival.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2017, 12:49 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Thanks Bill and Dave.  Since I don't use the ASV, I have to defer to you guys for some of the finer details.  Bill, give the ramp 15 minutes, and see how that goes.

Will do. 

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
A better night's sleep. Might have been better yet, but my beloved dog (in an unusual event) was disturbed by something happening on our street and his barking woke me up. The good news is that I was asleep, and eventually got back to sleep.

I forgot to swap out the P10 pillows to Medium, which seem to fit better.

I'm now wondering if the ramp is doing me good? The upside of the P10s is the body-wash of air from the N20s is eliminated and the pressure delivery is more comfortable.

Without looking at the charts (and just going by "feel"), I'd have been tempted to slightly raise EPAP Min pressure. Looking at the charts I wonder if an adjustment up would relieve some of the hypopneas?

While last night's numbers were not great I hope changing cushions (reducing leaks) and a little tweaking will get me on the right path. Getting some sleep last night was very good and struggles syncing with the machine were at a minimum.

Advice on pressure adjustments (or turning off ramp)?

Bill

[Image: FZhbOmQ.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Your median EPAP has consistently been over 7 and has been trending up, so yes, I think raise it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2017, 12:42 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your median EPAP has consistently been over 7 and has been trending up, so yes, I think raise it.

What level would you suggest I try?

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW: my first pressure adjustment was to add 1 to Min EPAP, from 8 to 9. I think I added PS up 1 to a Min of 3. That by itself cut AHI in half and it felt like more air was incoming. Adding to EPAP means you get this change almost always as long as you're operating at your set minimums.

Check my sidebar for my current settings.

Dave B.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Bill, just increase 1-cm at a time. You may also increase the maximum EPAP pressure so that you continue to have 3-cm of potential adjustment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,322 6 hours ago
Last Post: Little Olive
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 190 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
  [Diagnosis] Excellent AHI, poor sleep quality --> palatal prolapse? aquamike 5 909 12-18-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  BoxcarPete: An Adventure in Fine-Tuning BoxcarPete 32 1,633 12-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  KeepSmiling’s Book 2, ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Adventure/Treatment KeepSmiling 42 4,232 11-26-2022, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Medical baseline: saving a dollar a day on electricity bill thanks to CPAP NelsonM 3 1,155 09-07-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: BionicBreather
  [Equipment] Any CPAP Suppliers Who Don't Bill Deductible? msmith404040 0 644 02-12-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: msmith404040

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.