Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Spy Car Bill's (Hopefully) Excellent ASV Adventure
RE: Spy Car Bill's (Hopefully) Excellent ASV Adventure
(10-15-2017, 01:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The original link worked best.  If you use the link called "Linked BBBCode" then simply clicking on the image will open a tab with the full size image.  It's "ginormous" as my granddaughter says, and a lot easier for me.

I'll stay with the suggestion to drop PS max by 1 cm to 9.0 and you can limit IPAP max to 18.  I think what actually woke you was a UA event at 05:41, and that might be worth a closer look.  Your pressure at that time was not exceptional, but it did rapidly increase EPAP.  I suspect that might have been a random OA.  At this stage, we need to take it slowly and give things a chance to work and for you to adapt.

Here is a "Linked BBS Code" version. If this works I'll use this type link from now on.

One question. I see no place to set IPAP MAX in the clinical settings. A Max shows up in the charts, but there is only EPAP Min and Max and Pressure Support Range in the range as user selectable options. Do you know the IPAP Max due to math formula?

I dislike the amount of pressure I had last night (and it was better than night one)and I'd risk more events for better sleep.

Bill

[Image: Hzv6etO.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a greatly enlarged version of the event that probably woke me up (although it felt to me like the related pressure blast is what did it).

Either way, here is that event in detail. Let me know if this is an optimal amount of magnification.

Bill

[Image: QaXhO6p.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Those are the images that work best.

Just guessing, but I think you may have had an arousal just before the UA. My interpretation is you responded to a leak and fixed your mask and you were partially aroused. You then may have shifted position and slightly held your breath while turning, and when you did that you got blasted by three big PS assists. You seem to settle in, but you may have been wakened by that. What is impressive here, is how subtle the pressure support increases and decreases were leading to that event. I see flow limitations being thwarted by PS right up to the mask adjustment. I remember what this looked like before.

How do you think your tidal volume, resp rate and minute vent compare to pre-ASV?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2017, 03:54 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Those are the images that work best.

Just guessing, but I think you may have had an arousal just before the UA.  My interpretation is you responded to a leak and fixed your mask and you were partially aroused. You then may have shifted position and slightly held your breath while turning, and when you did that you got blasted by three big PS assists. You seem to settle in, but you may have been wakened by that. What is impressive here, is how subtle the pressure support increases and decreases were leading to that event.  I see flow limitations being thwarted by PS right up to the mask adjustment.  I remember what this looked like before.

How do you think your tidal volume, resp rate and minute vent compare to pre-ASV?

You may be right about the reason for the arousal and the rolling over. I've been attempting to breathe though roll-overs (to not effect the charts) but I'm sure it's been a habit to hold my breath.

As to tidal volume, resp rate and minute vent, I have no idea. In the very near future (tomorrow?) I will try to post some images for you and will welcome input.

Overall I like this ASV a lot so far. Except for the top pressure.

Let me reiterate the question about IPAP Max pressure. There is no setting I see. Is IPAP Max figured by a formula?

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
IPAP max = EPAP max + PS max. It was taken care of when you changed PS max. IPAP max is now 18 cm (9+9).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2017, 05:01 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: IPAP max = EPAP max + PS max.  It was taken care of when you changed PS max.  IPAP max is now 18 cm (9+9).

Still overcoming the brain fog. Figured it must be simple.

Master, why do I need an IPAP Max of 18? 

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Grasshopper, to make you breathe when your mind does not will it. It is but a whisper and passes quickly. Only by losing your Qi can you be defeated in your endeavor.

Welcome to the club...notice my settings?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2017, 08:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Grasshopper, to make you breathe when your mind does not will it.  It is but a whisper and passes quickly.  Only by losing your Qi can you be defeated in your endeavor.

I will comply with your wishes for at least one night Sensei (although my mind wills not having a machine blow up my head) and will report in tomorrow  Big Grin

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2017, 10:33 PM)Spy Car Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 08:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Grasshopper, to make you breathe when your mind does not will it.  It is but a whisper and passes quickly.  Only by losing your Qi can you be defeated in your endeavor.

I will comply with your wishes for at least one night Sensei (although my mind wills not having a machine blow up my head) and will report in tomorrow  Big Grin

Bill

I had the same experience—the fear of having a pressure-induced brain explosion—on a SleepRider experiment.

Fear unfounded. Totally.  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
It is my diabolical plan to create a society of ballonheads willing to subject themselves to my positive pressure machinations.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 175 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
  [Diagnosis] Excellent AHI, poor sleep quality --> palatal prolapse? aquamike 5 855 12-18-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  BoxcarPete: An Adventure in Fine-Tuning BoxcarPete 32 1,552 12-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  KeepSmiling’s Book 2, ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Adventure/Treatment KeepSmiling 42 4,166 11-26-2022, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Medical baseline: saving a dollar a day on electricity bill thanks to CPAP NelsonM 3 1,115 09-07-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: BionicBreather
  [Equipment] Any CPAP Suppliers Who Don't Bill Deductible? msmith404040 0 625 02-12-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: msmith404040
  F&P Brevida [An excellent alternative to the ResMed P10] Fats Drywaller 28 8,119 04-07-2019, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Reznik

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.