Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Spy Car Bill's (Hopefully) Excellent ASV Adventure
RE: Spy Car Bill's (Hopefully) Excellent ASV Adventure
Another pretty good night (and day).

Bill

[Image: zdIsevR.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I think your doctor will be very happy at the great job he did with you on ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2017, 06:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think your doctor will be very happy at the great job he did with you on ASV.

He had very good help Big Grin

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bill,

Very nice chart there. Keep up the successes there. Tell Dr. Rider I said hi. To a great week ahead,  Coffee

Dave

The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The minimalistic headgear on the ResMed AirFit P10 mask is great, except when it is not.

Last night (at some point) the straps shifted, provoking both leaks and some mouth leaks. Almost all my events seem leak related. It impacted sleep a little and the numbers were impacted. But I have confidence in the setting. I just need to keep the straps more secure.

Bill

[Image: 329j5EB.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
"What I like about you ajack is that you are able to have a dissenting opinion and articulate your reasoning very well. In an era where much online discourse devolves to flame-wars, personal attacks, or "fine, don't listen" responses, you are a thoughtful, intelligent, and helpful. I appreciate that very much. "

I have a lot of respect for sleeprider and Co and the group knowledge they hold. They helped me a great deal as a new guy and knew nothing, as they have helped 100's of others.

They weren't wrong, they were looking at the AHI and epap and trying to get the pressure down so you weren't disturbed, but still had good AHI numbers. I was just coming in on another angle of tidal volume/minute vent and PS. I think a bit of miscommunication.

I think it would help if you replaced the snore and flow limit with the minute vent and tidal vol in the chart.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2017, 04:04 PM)ajack Wrote: "What I like about you ajack is that you are able to have a dissenting opinion and articulate your reasoning very well. In an era where much online discourse devolves to flame-wars, personal attacks, or "fine, don't listen" responses, you are a thoughtful, intelligent, and helpful. I appreciate that very much. "

I have a lot of respect for sleeprider and Co and the group knowledge they hold. They helped my a great deal as a new guy, as they have helped 100's of others. They weren't wrong, they were looking at the AHI and epap and trying to get the pressure down so you weren't disturbed, but still had good AHI numbers. I was just coming in on another angle of tidal volume/minute vent and PS. I think a bit of miscommunication.

I get that. And I'm actually very interested in learning more about how your approach and the significance of tidal volume/minute vent and PS. 

I really don't fully comprehend it at the moment. We can all learn from one another. At the moment I will admit I'm putting getting good sleep at the forefront while I acclimate to higher pressures, because I feel so far behind on restorative sleep But I'd very much like to get a better understanding of your approach.

Cheers,

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no urgency to get the pressures, just keep in mind that it needs to be done and not forgotten about.

the easiest way to get your head around it, would be to google and youtube introduction to mechanical ventilation and non invasive ventilation https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...entilation+ and how in hospital they adjust the machine to get different outcomes for the patient needs. It's a learning curve, because it talks about blood gasses and the many tests, the multitude of adjustments that are made on a ventilator. The min BPM is auto on ASV, so it's just to understand that bit too, but focus on how they adjust the tidal volume with PS and epap.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
like   I want some pretty charts like Spy Car's....

So glad you're sleeping well!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2017, 05:07 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: like   I want some pretty charts like Spy Car's....

So glad you're sleeping well!

Sorry for being AWOL for a few days. Been busy and filled with unusual amounts of energy that I've spent trying to attend to differed maintenance.

The 3 charts I'm posting are paradoxical--in that, while the numbers are not as good--I've been sleeping!

I can't begin to describe the difference in my health. I'm still playing "catch up" after prolonged sleep deprivation, but I'm starting to bounce out of bed in the morning. The difference is profound!!!

I have been catching my self with an open mouth (and mouth leaks) at times recently. Being aware of mouth leaks has been a new phenomenon. 

I'm also seeing a common breath pattern (large inhale) that seems to be triggering events and higher pressures. I will work on providing CUs later.

Despite any minor issues, I am sleeping in a fashion that I have not enjoyed in memory.

Bill (one happy dude!)

[Image: EjFUPK1.png]

[Image: gkFU06J.png]

[Image: NzmywwW.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 166 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
  [Diagnosis] Excellent AHI, poor sleep quality --> palatal prolapse? aquamike 5 829 12-18-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  BoxcarPete: An Adventure in Fine-Tuning BoxcarPete 32 1,526 12-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  KeepSmiling’s Book 2, ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Adventure/Treatment KeepSmiling 42 4,153 11-26-2022, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Medical baseline: saving a dollar a day on electricity bill thanks to CPAP NelsonM 3 1,102 09-07-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: BionicBreather
  [Equipment] Any CPAP Suppliers Who Don't Bill Deductible? msmith404040 0 618 02-12-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: msmith404040
  F&P Brevida [An excellent alternative to the ResMed P10] Fats Drywaller 28 8,031 04-07-2019, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Reznik

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.