Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Standard Filter Only With Either Climateline!
Standard Filter Only With Either Climateline!
I just found this information after reading my manual. Also the RT/Clinician advised that the filter it came with is the one that should be used. Just thought I would get some input and if anyone else stumbled across this, sort of bumbed out as I liked the Antibacterial Filters!
Antibacterial Filters
Antibacterial filters are not compatible with the ClimateLine, ClimateLineMAX or SlimLine tubing but can be used with the Standard air tubing. Antibacterial filters increase resistance in the air circuit and may affect accuracy of displayed and delivered pressure, particularly at high flows. ResMed recommends using a filter with a low impedance (eg, less than 2 cm H2O at 60 L/min).

Maybe I'll go back to the Standard Tubing depending on what others with experience with this think. I can still turn on the Humidifier from what I see with the AutoSet. Looking forward to feedback!

Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Standard Filter Only With Either Climateline!
(11-16-2012, 11:05 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: I just found this information after reading my manual. Also the RT/Clinician advised that the filter it came with is the one that should be used. Just thought I would get some input and if anyone else stumbled across this, sort of bumbed out as I liked the Antibacterial Filters!
Antibacterial Filters
Antibacterial filters are not compatible with the ClimateLine, ClimateLineMAX or SlimLine tubing but can be used with the Standard air tubing. Antibacterial filters increase resistance in the air circuit and may affect accuracy of displayed and delivered pressure, particularly at high flows. ResMed recommends using a filter with a low impedance (eg, less than 2 cm H2O at 60 L/min).

Maybe I'll go back to the Standard Tubing depending on what others with experience with this think. I can still turn on the Humidifier from what I see with the AutoSet. Looking forward to feedback!

If the antibacterial filters merely increase resistance you should be able to compensate just by increasing the pressure a bit. There have been numerous discussions here about how to determine the exact pressure your machine is delivering by sticking the tube into a bucket of water, e.g., if bubbles start to appear when 6 cm. of hose is in the water, then the machine is delivering 6 cm. H2O. With a bit of fiddling you can increase the machine pressure until you get the pressure you need despite the increased resistance of the filters.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a bit nervous and put my standard filter back in for tonight!Too-funny
Thanks for the information, I will do a better search in the morning and see what I can find as far as measuring pressure. At least the new filter is better than the first one I received with H5i, that one was grey and didn't look like it would filter very much, ResMed told me they discontinued them. The standard one I have now looks pretty effective and actually thicker than the antibacterial one but more coarse. Thanks for the reply!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME sends me this little thin filters that are more like non-stick bandages. The Autoset I just got has one that is slightly thicker and much rougher.

I bet that if you use Sleepyhead, you'll see the 'mask pressure'. As long as that is where you need to be, then I guess it is working?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi 2Tim215,
I don't use the bacteria filters that fit into the hose because I have a pretty clean environment; I use the ClimateLine hose.
I just use the two filters you put into the machine. They are rectangular and one is a rough feeling filter and the other one is a soft cotony-feeling one and the rough one goes in first, I think.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you realize that "antibacterial" filters go between the water tank and the hose?

They're only for use in machines that are used with multiple patients.

There are no "antibacterial" filters that go into the back of the machine. Those are either standard or "hypoallergenic."

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
PRS1 machines takes two filters ... one washable and the other disposable
The S9 take only one filter .... standard or hypoallergenic filter can be used with either slimline, climate or standard hoses
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/access...clinicians

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2012, 04:27 AM)archangle Wrote: Do you realize that "antibacterial" filters go between the water tank and the hose?

They're only for use in machines that are used with multiple patients.

There are no "antibacterial" filters that go into the back of the machine. Those are either standard or "hypoallergenic."
I didn't realize that. I don't see a place for a filter between my tank and hose. I might of misunderstood the manual?
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2012, 10:34 AM)2Tim215 Wrote: I didn't realize that. I don't see a place for a filter between my tank and hose. I might of misunderstood the manual?

The antibacterial filters are a separate little plastic enclosure that slips over the nozzle on the output of the humidifier and then the hose slips over the filter enclosure.

They're for short term usage, probably just one night. They're intended for use in sleep labs, etc. where multiple people use one machine. Since they stay wet from the humidifier, they're probably a real breeding ground for bacteria if used more than one night.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2012, 08:08 PM)archangle Wrote:
(11-17-2012, 10:34 AM)2Tim215 Wrote: I didn't realize that. I don't see a place for a filter between my tank and hose. I might of misunderstood the manual?

The antibacterial filters are a separate little plastic enclosure that slips over the nozzle on the output of the humidifier and then the hose slips over the filter enclosure.

They're for short term usage, probably just one night. They're intended for use in sleep labs, etc. where multiple people use one machine. Since they stay wet from the humidifier, they're probably a real breeding ground for bacteria if used more than one night.
Glad to hear that since all I ordered were the hypoallergenic filters! Appreciate the clarification. I was on page 27 in the S9 manual which through me off as it didn't mention the hose filter. Makes sense now, appreciate it!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 118 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,876 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Resmed A11 Autoset - Set to standard time? foss 2 499 11-07-2023, 05:48 AM
Last Post: multicast
  ClimateLine tubing Palmtrees 20 2,077 11-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Airsense 11 and climateline o2 Teeleidor 5 549 09-26-2023, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.