Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

data card
data card
hi all another question I have a resmed s8 escape and need to know how the hell you put in the data card and can it be a data card that I bought in staples or does it have to be from resmed

Thanks,
ScottSad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: data card
(03-26-2013, 02:20 PM)ruscottm Wrote: hi all another question I have a resmed s8 escape and need to know how the hell you put in the data card and can it be a data card that I bought in staples or does it have to be from resmed

Thanks,
ScottSad

Hi Scott:
Check this out: http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf

Any questions just ask.
Post Reply Post Reply
The data card is an oddball known as a smart card, which is 1980's technology, a strip of credit card stock with an embedded chip. To see it, click on the Supplier List link at the top of the page and click on Supplier no. 10. Search the site for "ResMed S8 Series ResScan Data Card." This is the only supplier I'm aware of that still sells it. No other card is compatible.

The data card slot is on the rear of the S8, top center. Your S8 might have a plain cover in that position without a slot.

The S8 Escape only records compliance data (we call it a "brick"). If you want to download data from it, it won't be much use to you. If you just need the data for your doctor, you will need to contact him to make sure he can read the data card.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed machines with Escape in the name and Phillips Respironcis (PR) with Plus in the name does not shows any efficacy data
just how many hours using the machine each night with card or without card

ResMed Elite and AutoSet are data capable machines
PR with numbers 450/460 and above are data capable machines [(450/460 (pro) and 550/560 (Auto)]
Post Reply Post Reply
This might be a good time to consider an equipment upgrade?
The new machines that are fully data capable can provide you with information you can use to tailor your therapy better or you can just print out the same information to bludgeon your doctor/sleep clinic with in order to get them to help YOU tailer things better.

Cheers!

Sleep-well
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for all the help card is on the way and now I can get back to workThanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, going to say this one more time although it seems you've already spent the money.

Your S8 Escape collects no data other than hours used.

NO AHI
NO leak
NO flow rate

Nothing but what they call "Compliance Data" which is how long you had the machine turned on.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2013, 03:28 PM)ruscottm Wrote: thanks for all the help card is on the way and now I can get back to workThanks
You'll also need the card reader
The S8 Escape store 180 nights of compliance data on device and on the card
Compliance data as Paula said means how many hours using the machine each night
If efficacy data is important to you, put the money towards data capable machine (one uses an SD card and don,t require any special card reader)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 171 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 505 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 672 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 468 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 727 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 923 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.