Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Standards of CPAP
Question 
Standards of CPAP
Hi,

I'm a new member of this group and I really liked this forum because I see I'm not lonely.

First I download SleepyHead sofware and add my datas into it. (30 days)

But I really confused about my datas can someone help me about it. 

Like what is the standard numbers of AHI ? (It was 11-15 but sometimes 6-8) so how can I know it.

Also my Hypopnea is the highest percentage in my graphic. 4.79. also obstructive is the highest one.

So can someone help me about this datas to know standards of it how can I know is machine works correctly or am I going to be okay or not.

My cmH2O start from 6 but now machine changed it to 5.

Thank You  Thanks Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Standards of CPAP
The goal is to get the AHI lower than 5. Some tweak to get it as low as possible.

The AHI will change from night to night because there's a lot of variables that go into getting sleep (food intake, tiredness level, stress, etc).

How long have you been using a CPAP? If brand new, leave it alone for now and let your body finish adjusting. It is not unusual for there to be a lot of hypopneas in the beginning.

Do you have an autoPAP or a straight CPAP? Meaning is your pressure set at a range (a minimum and maximum) or is it set to just one number? Which machine do you have? Take out the humidifier tub (if you are using one) and turn the machine over. There should be some numbers under there. You are looking for the Model Number which may be something like 560 or 550 or whatever.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dreamclub,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

Can you tell us which Phillips Respironics machine you have?
Is it a DreamStation or PR 60 Series? Regular Cpap or Auto Cpap?

Your minimum pressure of 6 may be set too low. Try raising it to 7cm and see if that makes a difference.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dreamclub,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Dreamclub, the hints. you posted, suggest your pressure is too low. The links in my signature show how to Organize and post Sleepyhead data. We really need to know what model Philips machine you are using. You appear to be using a fixed pressure of 6. Based on high number of OA and H events, I think you need to change immediately to 8 cm pressure, but we can advise you better if we know what machine you have, and if you can post some data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The best way to get advice is to ask questions (you have)
And post your data. If needed we can help you get down to what is happening on a single breath.

More importantly we can see what is happening around the events we all care about. We already suspect your pressure is to low.

Post some charts and you will be surprised at how much better your cpap will work for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medical policy and standards sunshine 12 3,624 09-23-2015, 10:14 AM
Last Post: sunshine

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.