Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Started BiPaP treatment, makes things worse. Struggling with the settings.
RE: Started BiPaP treatment, makes things worse. Struggling with the settings.
I'd still like to see the Flex reduced to 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I missed that one again. My eyes must be getting old. Thanks for the catch Sleeprider.

There, that is an area to edit. That flex 3 comes up problematic for most if they've commented on it. Kinda odd in my thinking to have flex on SV Auto.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2021, 01:18 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'd still like to see the Flex reduced to 2.

I reduced flex to 2, had a worse night. Felt worse, CA, FL, H, O, VS2 events higher than last night. AHI higher than average.

Should I try 0-1 flex, give this a few more nights, or return to 3?

Attached advanced and 2 zooms as usual.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I see obstructive clustering which tends to indicate a positional element, chin tucking.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gideon, SleepRider did suggest this earlier on but wanted to optimise treatment in other ways first. I'll buy a Soft Cervical Collar and see where to go from there.

I'm presuming keeping flex at 2 is the smartest option for now until I've got some data with a soft cervical collar?
Post Reply Post Reply
While the levels are low they are consistent on all nights. The levels on any night are not high, but the night to night consistency I think may be hurting you. Based on this the collar is worth the try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I notice a significant difference if my FL is in the 8-11 events range, after the very first experience with that level of FL I've predicted high/low (relatively) every day before checking the data. So I think I'm somewhat sensitive - I do see my flow rate going wonky without it triggering any events sometimes too (RERA's?)

Anyway thanks for your input! I've checked the wiki and some links in bio's and so forth on a good collar but I can't find one that's recommended on apneaboard, and available in the UK for under £50 ($70). Do you have any suggestions? I measured my neck circumference to be 38.5cm and height to be 10.5-11cm.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm seeing the Velpeau soft collar on Amazon UK for £19.56. Here is the wiki review http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Neck-Brace Between Amazon UK and Ebay UK I see a lot of possibilities that are inexpensive enough to try. Be open minded, and if you find one you like, you can be our UK reviewer. There are many models of collar that have worked well and are not in our reviews. You want a fit that gives you room for a few fingers, so size accordingly. Look for good support without impinging on the throat or soft tissue behind the chin. Your problem is not severe, and you're just looking for some support to prevent your chin from dropping.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered the Velpeau - should be arriving tomorrow and if the sizing is right, guess I'll have a review/report soon!
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night, by chance, I had a day with no flow limitations or obstructive events. Just clear airway and hypopnoea events. Almost every H event(s) is close to a CA event(s). Once again within seconds of waking I could tell it was a low FL day.

I suppose this shows what a properly used collar might lead to. Which would be awesome.

I've noticed my flow rate go a bit crazy, without any events, and wondered what these represent? I realise I shouldn't be changing anything while I wait for the collar, I'm just curious to learn more about all of this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optimal Settings on iBreeze BiPAP to reduce FL ewriter 2 45 Yesterday, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 15 469 Yesterday, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 145 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 156 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 112 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP and struggling with my mask. jmswjunk4 2 87 04-11-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 124 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.