Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Started BiPaP treatment, makes things worse. Struggling with the settings.
RE: Started BiPaP treatment, makes things worse. Struggling with the settings.
I also have UARS and bipap (not ASV) so I'm keeping an eye out on this thread. Good to see that you successfully tackling your flow limitations. I'm sensitive to them too
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night wasn't recorded, weird. Is this just a fluke or does it indicate something wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
Things to check:
  • Is the SD card in good working order? You verify by trying to copy a file to it while it is in your PC. Note: Remember to delete the file if successful.

• Was the SD card in the CPAP?  All night?

• Is it Write-Enabled?

• Was it fully seated in the card slot? They have been known to pop out if not fully seated in the slot.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2021, 01:50 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Things to check:
  • Is the SD card in good working order? You verify by trying to copy a file to it while it is in your PC. Note: Remember to delete the file if successful.

• Was the SD card in the CPAP?  All night?

• Is it Write-Enabled?

• Was it fully seated in the card slot? They have been known to pop out if not fully seated in the slot.

Thanks Crimson, I assumed it was the last point but funnily enough after recording last night, it now has the previous night there too. Perhaps just a bug with the software.

Sleeprider - I've attached last night and the night before. It seems like a big difference. No change to settings, used collar both times. Any advice?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's three more zoomed images on the worse of the two days.
Post Reply Post Reply
The zoomed images seem to be mostly short duration arousal or movement in a light stage of sleep where you paused breathing for a minimal period of time. The hyoponea also appear fairly minor and are often in a period of oscillating breathing. How are you feeling so far? The encouraging thing is it seems other than these disturbances, your respiration appears to have good flow with normal inspiratory peaks indicating you are not experiencing flow limits.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's good then! Thanks for explaining. 

After a bad night, Saturday night was relatively better and today is even better, back at the higher-end of a typical day now so fingers crossed this keeps up and/or improves further. If it's just movement and such, then it seems like PS shouldn't be changed right?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I'd probably leave settings as is if you're dealing with movement oriented light sleep events. These are probably similar to what's called sleep wake junk where a few events show up when there's a sleep transition. Certainly keep an eye on this and note if comfort is good or less than ideal. Even so there's likely not much to act on. The good is that you're in the treated area on stats.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both, I'd be so lost right now if it weren't for you!

I slept 9.5 hours last night and had an AHI of 3.01, so that's great. This time I seem to be getting quite a few flow limitations - not necessarily near clear airways either. I feel like I slept okay, which is the first time I've gotten FL's and not felt awful. If that's because I slept so much, I don't know. Still seems like a lot of events over the night. Advanced view attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
We might want to increase EPAP to 6.5 since most of the flow limits are where the pressure drops.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 52 884 32 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 49 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 230 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 64 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 182 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 196 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 588 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.