Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are larger capacity reservoirs available?
Are larger capacity reservoirs available?
Ever since my disastrous bi-pap experience I ended up going back to c-pap and upped the pressure.
But in doing so I run the reservoir dry after about 5-6 hours of use and it wakes me up almost immediately.  After spilling water when trying, bleary eyed, to refill it I have resulted to keeping a second container on the side and just swapping them out.

I could use a larger water capacity reservoir but searches have not shown one.  I cannot imagine I am the only one experiencing this.

I am thinking of trying to modify one to somehow "tack on" some type of extra capacity extension of sorts.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Are larger capacity reservoirs available?
Look below under "Possibly Related Threads".

Looks like there are at least 5 threads addressing this problem. So you're not the only one!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's something similar to info I gave another. There's this manufactured reservoir that's pumped into a modified humidifier tub.

CPAP humidifier reservoir CSPRING MK2

Someone else mentioned in the Google realm that you could put an F&P HC-150 external humidifier inline with the CPAP. It would eliminate heated hose option up to mask.

CSPRING MK2 is 3L capacity. Can be configured for several ResMed's, 10 or 11, PR as well as some others. $260

Haven't found F& P specs but about $250. It is heated.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2024, 06:34 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Look below under "Possibly Related Threads".  

Looks like there are at least 5 threads addressing this problem.  So you're not the only one!

Opal Rose- Thank you!   I was trying to figure out what you meant by Possibly Related Threads until I kept scrolling down. I tried doing a search but I guess I was not inputting the correct keywords... posting this thread populated those that you pointed out.  I will look through those.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2024, 07:51 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Here's something similar to into I gave another. ...

Dave!  How ya' doing my friend?  Long time no chat (I have been absent for some time.)
Thanks for those leads... one of those looks similar to something I would try to fabricate- tapping into the machine located revervior with a backup of sorts feeding it.

I have some home work and reading to do.

Good to hear from you!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm fair here.

I'm thinking there's also something involving a SoClean adapter on the humidifier tub that basically could give you an inlet bib. Requires replacing 10 series humidifier tub lid it appears. Looks to be about $20.

Obligatory image

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A possibly simpler option (no hardware-hacking required) is to park a room humidifier near the intake of the machine, so the incoming air is not so dry and the machine does not need to go through as much of its internal water supply.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a simple, cheap solution proposed by one of ours:

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...humidifier
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F20 Touch (foam) cushion --Longer Use and Larger Leaks snorin2 18 2,077 09-26-2023, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 1,064 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  SOLVED high capacity humidifier car54 17 5,903 08-02-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Larger reservoir for Air Sense 10 Autoset RonKMiller 32 22,770 03-27-2022, 01:04 PM
Last Post: kalvinjuice
  Larger Water Tank for Airsense 10 DoubtFire61 5 4,645 12-09-2021, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Is there a larger capacity humidifier chamber? KenLV 11 1,381 12-07-2021, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Jarhead 1964
  Resmed s9 vs airsense humidifier tank capacity? jimofthecorn 2 1,083 08-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Last Post: jimofthecorn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.