Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Started having major leaks after 2 years
Started having major leaks after 2 years
Hi. I started cpap in October of 2015. Like many I struggled early on, but eventually settled in. Over the last month I have been having mask leaks all night. I ordered a new hose and p10 mask, but that did not fix the problem. I have lost 30 pounds recently, could that be the problem?  I do have a small head (wear a youth large motor cycle helmet) and the p10 is not adjustable. Suggestions?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Started having major leaks after 2 years
Is there somewhere you can go to be fitted for a mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
if you lost 30 pounds and the mask doesn't fit anymore, get another mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like to handhold a mask to my face to see if it will work.   Do it under pressure and see how lightly you need to hold it.  If it fails here it's on to the next mask.That is the point the straps need to hold it.  Then I set the straps to hold the mask so it feels the same as when I'm hand holding it.  

For the P10  you can sew a small loop (or use a rubberband) to effectively make the headgear smaller.  Wash older head gear to get it to shrink back to original size.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
The P10 comes in a smaller For Her version. Are you using it?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Charlie Sue,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your weight loss.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2017, 09:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The P10 comes in a smaller For Her version. Are you using it?
P10 for Her

XS, Sm and Med pillows.

Smaller Headband too?  (I couldn't verify that)

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
The P10 for Her Headband is one inch shorter. They also include clips now to make it tighter if needed.
You can also get clips for the standard size P10.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is an old work-around:
[Image: 9kpR5LF.png]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for delay getting back to this--had a little surgery to deal with. 

Thanks for the P10 work arounds. I do use the For Her version and have shortened it about an inch since the beginning.

In the last month, I have replaced my climateline hose just in case it was leaking. Replaced my P10. I have tried 4 new masks all to no avail--AmaraView; Airfit F20. The claustrophobia from the AV was awful. I did ok sleeping with the F20, but woke up with blistering hives from the mask. Tried a dreamwear mask with small frame. Very comfortable, but still leaking. Tried the tap pap, but it gagged me.

My mouth is not dry, so I do not think it is mouth leaks.

I do not have a DME to go through (they are 60 miles away and I filed a complaint against them with the state attorney general for billing me for supplies I did not order) and my sleep doc just shrugs. My pressures are pretty low, so I don't think it is too much pressure.

I was borderline for treatment, so may just go without the cpap and see how I feel.

Still happy to hear any constructive feedback and/or suggestions.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 1 38 4 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 66 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 121 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 132 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 87 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 4 194 03-09-2024, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 143 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.