Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Started using CPAP treatment
RE: Started using CPAP treatment
My A10 Autoset doesn't seem to record RERAs. I think the "AutoSet for Her" model does. No idea why the "manly" model doesn't. Hopefully they'll enable that via a software upgrade someday.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the A10 (the manly model) and it records RERAs just fine. Not sure why yours doesn't but it is under warranty so take it back if its defective.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Funny, they don't show up in SleepyHead. Maybe it's something I have to manually enable on the SH side?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that some of the older A10 (for him) do not but the more recently manufactured ones do. This is just from reading other peoples comments, though - since I have an S9
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Check on ResScan software. If they don't show up there then maybe you have one of those older models that apparently don't record RERAs. If that is the case I would take it back to your DME and ask for a newer one. IMHO, checking on RERAs is an essential part of tracking and dialing in your therapy.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting fact, it turns out my A10 AutoSet DOES record RERAs, but unlike the other 4 apnea events (Central, Obstructive, Hypopnea, Unclassified) SleepyHead doesn't show an event bar for RERAs until it detects one, as it did last night. SH also doesn't seem to count them towards your AHI score. Fascinating.
Post Reply Post Reply
No one counts RERAs toward your AHI score. AHI is for apneas and hypopneas only. There is another index for RERAs.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Funny enough in the clinician's manual on page 29 it says "RERA (AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her only)".

So this is not the case?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
It is not the case.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting! I was just on their website and they show a chart and it also lists the "for Her" as the only one that registers RERA's. Hmmm. I would think if I had a business in this day and age, that it would be very important for my website to be completely up to date and accurate. But that's just me. Oh-jeez
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 125 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 104 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 109 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 220 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 615 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] TiredFGO - Treatment Thread TiredFGO 1 121 03-30-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 138 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.