Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Starting My Therapy
RE: Starting My Therapy
(05-16-2015, 12:20 PM)retired_guy Wrote: I got up this morning "out of sorts." So if anyone has a few sorts they don't need, I could sure use them.

Have you tried eBay?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
(05-16-2015, 03:09 PM)wxmcpo Wrote: I dream of numbers like those. The lowest I have seen my AHI is still 10+ so seeing things like this gives me hope. I have way more CA events than anything else so hoping when I go back to my doctor on the 29th she can tell me something that will get those and my AHI down.
Ouch! I wish I could give advice like I've been getting but I would be guessing and that wouldn't be fair to you. Did you just start your therapy?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Encouraging part of your charts is that 7-15 is effective even if not optimal. It is good, and will result in you getting better.

You'll notice some pressure spikes are higher than others for the same number of events (and in some cases even without events). This is because there are non-events that the machine is sensitive to, and the adjustments are because it noticed those things happening, too. Look in particular at the timeframe of 11 to 11:30 pm on 5/12. There was definite pressure adjustment going on, but no events logged.

One example is flow limitations that can indicate restricted airway.

At any rate, the two charts I've seen indicate that a lot of the night you remain stable in the 7-8 range. We have seen others that just continue to top out over and over throughout the night. You do not need to rush to shift to a higher minimum pressure.

Have a great day!

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Thanks. If I have good nights like last night I probably won't change anything for awhile. Last night was the best #-wise ever with a 0.96. I also feel better than usual. We'll see if that lasts the day though. It might have been the relief of having the house air conditioning again and not the sound of the annoying window unit blasting all night.

[Image: screenshot-20150521-093310.png]

Bloody marvellous, I think! Well done, Alan!
Thank you sir and thanks to those who took the time to look at my charts and make suggestions. Smile

Good job Alan. I think the only thing you'll want to change now is your mask when it comes time for you to be assimilated into the P10 group.

Other than that? Looking great!
Started My Therapy
Mornincoffee Annoying thing happened last night. I woke up around 2:45 to my nose pillows going left right blowing air all over. I guess my machine sensed something and jumped the pressure. Nothing showed on the chart though? Loco

I couldn't get the pillows to seal with that pressure so I tore off the mask and went and got a glass of water. Dodgy

[Image: screenshot-20150604-080847.png]

I've read through the entire thread and found one important item not mentioned, unless I skipped over it.

What was the optimal (necessarily fixed) pressure as a result of the titration study?

I ask this question because there was at least an implied oximetry 02 sats/desats issue raised by the OP.
I don't have the full report from the titration. Just the interpretation from the initial sleep study.

My pre-sleep study (overnight oximetry) showed my O2 dropping below 89% for 25% of the time.

For the PSG the O2 was not that terrible at all:
The average SaO2 was 97%. Average desaturation was 4%
Lowest desaturation was 88%
Length of time below 89% 0.6 minutes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,062 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 157 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,344 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 808 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.