Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Starting My Therapy
RE: Starting My Therapy
Congratulations on getting to this point! Smile

I'm going to suggest you tighten up the lower end of your range (at some point). Like you said, this is just one day, but it looks like there is probably no reason you ever need to dip below 8 or 9. You might be able to head off some of those obstructions from even starting, if you keep the pressure floor a little higher.
Agree with worn_out_in_lebanon,

Your starting pressure is too low. According to your pressure graph, raising it to 8 would be ideal.
If you can't tolerate that higher pressure right away, then make changes slowly, but at a setting of 5, the machine may take too long to get to optimal pressure to head off those apneas.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
a tighter range may help the CA profile as well.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
My first <1 AHI Big Grinnie

[Image: screenshot-20150513-061836.png]

It might have been a bit higher if I didn't get up for an hour and a half but regardless it would have been better than any previous.

Had to run the Doc prescribed pressure for at least a week or so to see what would happen. Min-5 Max-15. I ran it 12 days. Based on the graphs from SH my min pressure never really dropped below 6 and whenever it approached 6 I had events. I took you guy's advice and raised the min to 7. I'll run this for awhile and see what the what.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Alan,
Your numbers look good. Watch it for a few days, you are likely to see some ups and downs, but looks great so far. Wink
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
what's the verdict AlanE? Are you liking the 7-15 setting?

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Well sir, I only had that one great night. Since that night it has been back to ~3. Overall I'm heading in the right direction. My AHIs seem to be low but last longer and/or are more spread out. If I'm reading the graph right. Quite a few have posted that I should try 8 as a min pressure. I'll try that next week as I still want to at least give this setting a fair go an all. So far it has been the best combination.
As for how I'm feeling, I'm still irritable and grumpy at times but that might not be due to apnea.

Last night's graph.

[Image: screenshot-20150516-115931.png]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
It looks like you need around 10-11 to tame most obstructions when they start happening. If you set a floor closer to this, they might not happen in the first place. It will be interesting to see what happens when you bump it up the next time.
(05-16-2015, 11:01 AM)AlanE Wrote: As for how I'm feeling, I'm still irritable and grumpy at times but that might not be due to apnea.

Yes, just letting things settle in a little is probably a good idea. Then, when you get bored, I would up the bottom end from 7 to 7.5. 1/2 a point at a time. Watch the OA's and see if they don't mostly go away without the CA's getting cranky.

As to the irritable and grumpy thing? I know about that too. I got up this morning "out of sorts." So if anyone has a few sorts they don't need, I could sure use them.
I dream of numbers like those. The lowest I have seen my AHI is still 10+ so seeing things like this gives me hope. I have way more CA events than anything else so hoping when I go back to my doctor on the 29th she can tell me something that will get those and my AHI down.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,360 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 816 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.