Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Starting My Therapy
RE: Starting My Therapy
I think that due to recent Insurance Guidelines updates, which follow studies showing that treatment results are as good or better with just an autopap, more and more sleep docs are not relying on a "certified lab titration" and are opting for the cheaper route unless it fails. These are the latest guidelines being issued by insurance companies, and we all know who makes the rules.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
(07-01-2015, 04:38 PM)DariaVader Wrote: I think that due to recent Insurance Guidelines updates, which follow studies showing that treatment results are as good or better with just an autopap, more and more sleep docs are not relying on a "certified lab titration" and are opting for the cheaper route unless it fails. These are the latest guidelines being issued by insurance companies, and we all know who makes the rules.

I do not know to what studies you refer, and I do not discount APAP in titrations for those who may not have other underlying lung or other medical problems. I really don't know much about it but would speculate that cost to those insurance companies may have played a significant role in their Guidelines updates.

I do not intend to raise the subject of lab titrations again in this thread. Was merely inquiring if OP was titrated in the lab or not and what they found to be his recommended pressure, which is a fixed pressure. An answer was not given.
Wow, just wow... You "do not know much about it" yet you insist everyone must have one single set pressure. I suppose everyone is exactly the same? No maybe not. Most don't find a need to fill a thread with a rail-track view on sleep apnea therapy.

Thank you Ted for your opinion. Duly noted.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Ted and AlanE...

Please stop with the borderline insults and lets be respectful of each other's opinions/viewpoints.

Ted, I didn't feel you were 'pushing' a set pressure, but rather seemed curious about what the lab titrations showed. Unfortunately, others started to feel that you were promoting a set pressure (as evident in their responses). However, please know your comments/questions/opinions are welcome.

AlanE, I can understand how at some point it may have started to 'feel' like Ted was 'pushing/insisting' on the set pressure. However, if you go back to the beginning, he just seemed curious to know what it was. Since then, we've kinda shot him down quite a bit.

I respect both of you and your contributions to the forum, but have been quite turned off by how we are treating Ted.

Let's just agree to disagree...Grouphug3
No one has yet violated the rules, but allow me to put on a Moderator hat for a second and give a personal recommendation that those who are upset with each other's posts (on both sides) step back and go on to other subjects for a while. Feel free to continue your discussions via PMs if you wish, but sometimes personal opinions can get over-heated enough to where a line is crossed. We're getting closer to that now in this thread.

Just a friendly reminder... and I'm not siding with anyone here.

Thanks for listening.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

You can toss this entire thread in to the trashbin since honestly it no longer serves any purpose.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

(07-01-2015, 05:36 PM)Thegirls Wrote: but have been quite turned off by how we are treating Ted.

Sorry, I don't clog his thread or others with false, subjective information.

(07-01-2015, 06:49 PM)AlanE Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 05:36 PM)Thegirls Wrote: but have been quite turned off by how we are treating Ted.

Sorry, I don't clog his thread or others with false, subjective information.

What???

Final post in opposition:

[Image: CPAP%20TITRATION%20EXPLAINED_zpswpt5uay1.png]
(07-01-2015, 07:31 PM)tedburnsIII Wrote: Final post in opposition:

Eat-popcorn

You know, I get that you feel strongly about how everyone should be on CPAP with a set fixed pressure. But I thank you to start your own thread to discuss it and stop clogging up a thread about my therapy with posts that have absolutely nothing to do with my therapy.

Well, I guess that no good deed goes unpunished. I was trying to assist you with your therapy- you did not sound all that happy with it overall.

And you STILL misunderstand my posts.

I just think it's a good thing to know- what they determined was YOUR optimal pressure. Surprised that you apparently have no interest in it. It seems you'd rather hop around all over using SleepHead and getting all sorts of differing feedback, from laymen, good or bad, when such pressure is a benchmark.

I couldn't care whether a person goes CPAP or APAP.

Best wishes,
gone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,067 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 160 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,355 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 959 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 814 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.