Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Help Determining Pressure Changes.
Need Help Determining Pressure Changes.
Need help determining pressure changes. 
My avg Pressure was 10.68 and my 95% pressure was 15.5, I also Have Epr at 2.
I keep waking up as many times as I used to before cpap (after 2-3 hours, 2-3 times a night). However, in between my snoring has been reduced significantly and I dofeel better already. I think there is something specific that happens in the sleep cycle every 2-3 hours.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Help Determining Pressure Changes.
DanBisp, read the wiki linked in my signature on How to Organize Your Oscar Charts. Your pressure is undoubtedly increasing on flow limitation, and if you include that chart in your post, you will see a direct correlation to pressure and that rough variable breathing. For starters, increase your EPR to 3 and increase minimum pressure to 10.0. That will start your therapy at 10/7 (IPAP/EPAP) and allow up to 16/13. We find EPR is the biggest factor in reducing flow limitation and RERA. We will also watch for clusters of increased obstruction which might suggest a positional issue with chin-tucking like the ones at 04:45.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Dan Bisp,

I would like to see the whole picture of OSCAR (make sure your name is not on it)

Link to Organizing your OSCAR data for posting: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
WOW 

Am I ever slow.

I did not realize how long it took me to find the link, after I flashed back to the three pictures.  I wanted so if there where CAs at the maximum peaks and if maximum was reached.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2022, 08:29 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: DanBisp, read the wiki linked in my signature on How to Organize Your Oscar Charts.  Your pressure is undoubtedly increasing on flow limitation, and if you include that chart in your post, you will see a direct correlation to pressure and that rough variable breathing.  For starters, increase your EPR to 3 and increase minimum pressure to 10.0.  That will start your therapy at 10/7 (IPAP/EPAP) and allow up to 16/13.  We find EPR is the biggest factor in reducing flow limitation and RERA.  We will also watch for clusters of increased obstruction which might suggest a positional issue with chin-tucking like the ones at 04:45.

Hello, I have done as you asked. Here are the images attached! Thank you!

Hello, I posted the pictures as a reply!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 648 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Determining leak with a "nonsupported" mask? sosaystara 19 1,765 10-29-2020, 05:11 PM
Last Post: ragtopcircus
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,357 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,360 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.