Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Starting With New Equipmernt
Exclaimation 
Starting With New Equipmernt
Well my doctor finely made a move. Ordered new equipment for me. I went from a Dream-station auto bipap to a Dream-station Bi pap auto ASV. I wanted a F30 full face and they gave me an F30i.  I used both last night for the first time. Here are the results  the old and the new. What do you think.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Starting With New Equipmernt
At EPAP min 8.0, EPAP max 15.0, and PS 0-15 and backup rate of 14 BPM, the clusters of obstructive apnea are still present. I know we suggested a soft cervical collar to avoid the chin tucking. The only setting change I would recommed is to change PS min from 0.0 to 2.0 or 3.0. Having a small amount of PS min can help make the therapy more comfortable. The backup rate is normally recommended to be about 3 BPM less than the patient's spontaneous breathing rate, and 14 BPM seems a little high. The machine is triggering many breaths. If you feel this is out of sync, reducing the backup rate to 12 or 13 may help. Please let us know how your therapy "feels" rather than just ask us what we think.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider, thanks, I slept better with the new equipment. The collar I had was too thin. Will get a wider one. Still a little tired. Want to let the new one work for a couple days first. Will keep you posted.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi everyone,

Ok 15 days in with the new equipment.I feel good, since covid-19 getting a lot more sleep Too-funny . here is my latest chart. staying under a 5.0 on my AHI.

Muddpa
Post Reply Post Reply
This is looking okay and you're feeling more comfortable which is a big factor. I want to point out the ramp period where your respiration was effectively zero at 00:30 and suggest that the sooner you can tolerate eliminating ramp, the better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well thirty days in. Stop using the ramp 15 day ago, don't miss it sleeping better. Still get headaches once in a while. Sleeprider thank for all the help. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
like  Glad to hear things are getting sorted for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 671 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Seeing large number of clear airway events after starting new medication PapaColin 5 323 01-20-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  heart palpitations starting CPAP: temporary? acordeon 4 630 12-14-2023, 08:49 PM
Last Post: acordeon
  [Equipment] unusual high pressure when starting treatment klbklb7 9 720 11-21-2023, 12:41 AM
Last Post: klbklb7
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 4 475 11-20-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Increased Anxiety/Irritability after Starting CPAP? gohoos1998 0 400 11-17-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  [CPAP] Starting Bleep (Dreamports) and need help! Kathy14225 11 1,767 10-30-2023, 03:57 PM
Last Post: GaspForAir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.