Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Starting my ASV journey
Starting my ASV journey
I have started using a Resmed S9 Adapt ASV. I have switched from a F20 Airfit to P10 nasal pillows. Below is the SH chart. How can I lower the leaks on the P10? I have taped my mouth and it is not dry in the morning. The headgear seems to ride up during the night and that allows some leaks. I have always considered myself a mouth breather but have been placing my tongue against my mouth so it seems to have conditioned me to breath through my nose. The ASV is causing me to take longer to fall asleep, although I do not think this is a problem with leaks. I have also noticed more awakenings during the night, As strange as it seems I actually feel better when I wake up than with the bipap.

Is there any method to keep the P10 headgear tight, it is a medium size.

[attachment=5588]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Starting my ASV journey
Hmm looks like a lot of mask leaks to me (greater than 30% over the large leak line) I mouth breath a bit with my ASV for some strange reason I found the leaks were actually larger when I taped my mouth as I could lie there and let the pressure out of the edge of the tape and not wake up whereas with a non taped mouth I would wake and correct the issue. I still let air out at times but my LL is generally less than 5% and often 3% so I don’t worry about it.

As you said in your othe post you should not have changed two things at once.... but I should concentrate on solving the leak issues. My mask strap sits on the top of my head and the second strap just over my ears and the pillows stay very stable. It is not tight as the pillows inflate. When the machine is on I pull the mask away from my nose to ensure the pillows are inflated and seated correctly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks JAS

That strap arrangement is how I started with the P10 and the leaks were awful, it was a night of leaks. Then a youtube stated that both straps above the ears make the mask tighter, I tried that and it was better but would ride up. I am thinking I might have to use the 2 tightening clips in the package but thought I would ask the forum before I tried that. You are correct the leaks are my first priority.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you can get for her headgear that is smaller. I have just been back and taken a look at you other graph's and your event rate looks better on the ASV
Post Reply Post Reply
thank jas

I feel better
Post Reply Post Reply
Your graph shows that leaks are accompanied by "snores". Well, those are actually mask farts, so your problem is not leaking through your mouth. I don't know what nasal pillow size you are using, but my advise is to try the next size LARGER. It is a very common mistake to use too small of a pillow size, and the fit is not as good. I disagree that a tighter headset is the answer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks sleeprider. I will use the large pillows tonight. 

This is the last nights SH chart. I tightened the headgear with the tightening clips before this chart and during the 1:30 AM break I tightened them even more. I think you are correct about not tightening the headgear.

[attachment=5611]
Post Reply Post Reply
Latest SH chart.
I raised the min EPAP from 10 to 13. 13 EPAP was the min EPAP from the Bipap. I reduced the pressure support from 3-12 to 0-13. I switched back to the F20 airfit mask. This is the best night I have ever had.
I had many pressure spikes above 20, is this the ASV stopping CA's?

[attachment=5643]
Post Reply Post Reply
If you put the Mask Pressure graph under the flow graph and zoom in you can see the machine doing its magic I will pop in an image of last night attached to the message and you can see where the ASV is filing in the gaps in breaths to make sure there is no Pause in the breathing.

[attachment=5644]

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
GWC, looks like you killed the leaks and optimized your EPAP pressure. EPAP is only moving by 1-cm through the night, so you may be able to drop that back to 12.5 if you want, but the results are fantastic.

Jason, the ASV has made a huge difference for you. Back in the days of CPAP I could barely distinguish a breathing wave-form from your mess of a chart.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,365 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 932 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 675 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,283 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Seeing large number of clear airway events after starting new medication PapaColin 5 326 01-20-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Dr. Steven Park details his UARS journey gainerfull 3 623 12-18-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  heart palpitations starting CPAP: temporary? acordeon 4 634 12-14-2023, 08:49 PM
Last Post: acordeon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.