Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Starting settings for switch from Airsense 10 to Aircurve 10 VAUTO to minimize Aeroph
RE: Starting settings for switch from Airsense 10 to Aircurve 10 VAUTO to minimize Aeroph
Well, I never met anyone that quit breathing due to a psychological disorder. For most of us breathing at night is an autonomic nervous system that the conscious mind cannot affect. While any physician can get a sleep medicine credential, if he practices in a way that departs from the way he answered the exam questions, then a referral is in order. Try to get one practicing in his field of expertise like pulmonary, neurological, internal, etc. I think you should decline assignment to a urologist, even if he has a sleep credential... It would sure be interesting to read his patient notes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Starting settings for switch from Airsense 10 to Aircurve 10 VAUTO to minimize Aeroph
Quack alert! Hide your tin foil hats!
Post Reply Post Reply
After a horrible night last night I made contact with a knowledgeable tech at the VA that agreed to set my VAUTO to settings hopefully not blowing me up like a balloon!  He was very nice and seemed to understand this is a stepping stone to getting the right machine to handle the centrals.  The new settings are:
VAUTO
IPAP = 10
EPAP = 6
PS = 4
TI - Trig - Cycle left at defaults

Will post some charts during the next few days for comments.
Post Reply Post Reply
            Another horrible night!  Should have checked their new settings closer - pressures stayed at IPAP=10 & EPAP=6 CONSTANT ALL NIGHT!  Requesting them to change (have to ask them as so far no authority from them - the VA - to change myself).  Asking for IPAP=11, EPAP=4, PS=3 which in VAUTO (if I calculated correctly) should give me a range of 4/7 to 8/11.  Hope this helps - feel like I've been hit by a truck!  Last two night screenshots attached.
Post Reply Post Reply
Waiting for someone else to do your settings is unnecessary https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info

I can assure you that as long as you use PS 4 the number of centrals will be high. If you need a comfortable night, change that to 1 or 2 cm. I think your EPAP at 6.0 is just fine. So in S-mode IPAP 7 or 8, EPAP 6.0, or in Vauto mode Max pressure 8.0, EPAP min 6.0, PS 1 or 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider - letting the VA change for now as it is their machine and the tech. I'm working with responds right away.  For now I just want to get the aerophagia down to sleep better and let the centrals stay high in order to push for the ASV.  It is really hard getting through the day with poor sleep - I really feel that just getting the EPAP down and under control will help.  I'm sleeping through the centrals but the bloating keeps me awake.

In VAUTO mode using IPAP=8, EPAP=6, PS=2 would not that be just a CPAP Brick putting out a constant 8/6 with no real auto functions?  I'm still trying to get a handle on the bi-level pressures and changes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well no. First those settings are bilevel but could be accomplished by any Resmed CPAP (auto or fixed pressure). Secondly, the term “brick” is reserved fo those machines that do not provide efficacy data. There is definitely a place for fixed pressures, especially when working on complex apnea; however I agree with your approach and advocated it earlier. Either way, you have agreed wit me Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
                Dropped the IPAP max. from 11 to 10 cm and everything seems to have smoothed out with little to no aerophagia - may be an outlier cause not a normal day/night with friends over late and too much food.  If all stays as good as last night seems to be this machine will be fine - centrals in check and under 5 AHI!  I'm sure it could be tweaked for better results but going to leave as is for a while to see if the better results will hold.  Last two nights charts attached.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 553 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 205 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 461 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.