Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Statins make me hurt
I took Crestor for over 3 years and had great numbers until one day in the Summer of 2003 I woke up in the morning and felt like I had gone two rounds with Mike Tyson and lost. The muscle pain continued throughout the summer and into the Fall. Went to the doctor and he said it was in my imagination but to stop the drug for 3 weeks to see if the pain went away. Pain did subside so he restarted Crestor. Within 2 weeks pain returned. That started an endless cycle of seeing the doctor, starting a new statin, pain returning, stopping that statin, starting another etc. etc. etc. Finally 3 years later when I could barely walk with holding onto my husband's arm, I said "enough". I now take no statin drugs, have residual muscle damage from the statin drugs and my numbers are terrible. But for me, statins just didn't work.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do statins really reduce your risk of heart disease? zonk 37 7,821 06-16-2015, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mark Douglas