Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

recent download problem
recent download problem
Hi,

I just downloaded latest OSCAR program to get the updates.

I must have done something wrong because all my AHI data is higher figures - I attached a before and after screenshots.

Please could someone help? should I delete everything and start again? if I do that will all my data still be on the SD card (I am not sure how long it stores info).

Many thanks for all you do,
Elizabeth

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: recent download problem
I'm replying to my own post now!

I will leave it up just in case anyone else has same problem, but happy if admin wish to delete.

I closed OSCAR and left it awhile, when I returned the old desktop shortcut was missing and there was a new one elsewhere - when I opened it up - everything was back to normal yay!

Elizabeth

Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look below the respiratory statistics on the left pane, you will see there are two sessions of 3:23 and 4:53 duration. In each of your screenshots you have selected a different session, so the AHI is different. The trick is to select both sessions (yellow).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We've had some other reports of this problem, with data being doubled after upgrade. As you have seen, shutting down and restarting Oscar seems to fix that problem.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2020, 09:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you look below the respiratory statistics on the left pane, you will see there are two sessions of 3:23 and 4:53 duration. In each of your screenshots you have selected a different session, so the AHI is different.  The trick is to select both sessions (yellow).

The session bars just alternate between blue and yellow to make it easier to distinguish one session from the next.  If the session had been deselected, the bar for that session would be white.

The fact that one screen capture begins with a yellow bar and the other with a blue bar is interesting.  I'm not sure why that would happen.  This is probably a clue about something! Smile

This is a real bug with AHI data being doubled immediately after upgrade.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2020, 10:02 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 09:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you look below the respiratory statistics on the left pane, you will see there are two sessions of 3:23 and 4:53 duration. In each of your screenshots you have selected a different session, so the AHI is different.  The trick is to select both sessions (yellow).

The session bars just alternate between blue and yellow to make it easier to distinguish one session from the next.  If the session had been deselected, the bar for that session would be white.

The fact that one screen capture begins with a yellow bar and the other with a blue bar is interesting.  I'm not sure why that would happen.  This is probably a clue about something! Smile

This is a real bug with AHI data being doubled immediately after upgrade.

Thank you so much for this information.

I do occasionally break up my night (bathroom and wakefulness) and I have wrongly assumed the two sessions are averaged out on OSCAR - I didn't realise the significance of the blue and yellow bars other than separate session times.

Oh dear, so much to learn and figure out, I cannot make them both yellow! However when one is blue and one is yellow the session time reports the full night. Interesting!

You've alerted me to check the session time is complete and I am not just going by half a night of data.
Many thanks
Elizabeth
Post Reply Post Reply
I've gone through reports and it seems when one bar is blue and the other is yellow, the whole night is reported in the session time info. But it is interesting to see how different the AHI can be between sessions.
Many thanks,
Elizabeth
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2020, 09:59 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: We've had some other reports of this problem, with data being doubled after upgrade.  As you have seen, shutting down and restarting Oscar seems to fix that problem.

Thanks GuyScharf,

Good to know I'm not only one and I hope it gets sorted.
I still had problems with statistics summary showing the high AHI, so I made a new profile and started again.
It is all back to wonderful Smile 

Elizabeth
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2020, 10:29 PM)Elizabethwa Wrote: [quote pid='348809' dateline='1588561346']

I do occasionally break up my night (bathroom and wakefulness) and I have wrongly assumed the two sessions are averaged out on OSCAR - I didn't realise the significance of the blue and yellow bars other than separate session times.

Oh dear, so much to learn and figure out, I cannot make them both yellow! However when one is blue and one is yellow the session time reports the full night. Interesting!

You've alerted me to check the session time is complete and I am not just going by half a night of data.
Many thanks
Elizabeth
[/quote]

The blue vs yellow color has no significance in itself.  It's just to make the distinction between one session and the next visually obvious.  While this visual distinction isn't necessary when you have only two large sessions, it can become quite useful if you have many short sessions.  The graphs and other measures are for the entire night, unless you have deselected a session (which makes the deselected session's bar be white).
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 227 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 200 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  OSCAR "Most recent" AHI doesn't match " Changes to Device Settings" macbob 5 1,040 01-19-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 495 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 299 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 564 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.