Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Steadily rising leaks
Last week I had three nights with a leak rate less than 20. The last three nights my leak rate has been steadily climbing. (31, 37, 42 ) I use a universal chinstrap and use it. The software shows that it gets high the time a night for about but will return to a low leak rate again for an long period. I assume it is mouth issues. In ordered a Ruby chinstrap
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is some more info: Just looked at ResScan and the leaks are high for an hour and then go back down. This pattern repeats its self hour on hour off. However, I only had three events last night total! Two of them were obstructive and they happened at a point when my leak level was low.

Any suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply
The Respironics ComfortGel Blue mask is a nasal mask. Likely you are opening your mouth.
Ergo, a chin strap is a good idea.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large Leaks and AHI ppca 14 387 Yesterday, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  can't solve Forma mask leaks kblackw 7 153 02-18-2017, 07:49 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Mouth leaks getting worse, is FFM my only option? Hockenberry 9 625 01-27-2017, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
  Things OTHER than leaks/position that affect AHI? TheManseHen 14 2,540 01-11-2017, 04:38 PM
Last Post: JamesW
Question CA's, Mask type, and leaks/vent Rcgop 11 687 01-10-2017, 11:10 PM
Last Post: E.W.
Thumbsup Mask leaks reduced kwhenrykerr 1 222 01-07-2017, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is it worth dropping pressure to get over leaks rich2905 19 1,558 11-16-2016, 02:38 PM
Last Post: PaytonA