Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WARNING - POSSIBLE RESMED KNOCK-OFF
RE: WARNING - POSSIBLE RESMED KNOCK-OFF
Recently I purchased what was advertised as genuine ResMed SlimLine tubing from one of the suppliers listed on this board. I'm not going to name them because they did right by me when I called it to their attention. Perhaps I'm naive, but they seemed to be as surprised as I was. The hose they sent me did look like ResMed Slimline tubing at first glance, but the packaging had no ResMed traceability information on it-- just a barcode and "Made in China" printed on it.  Also, the hose end connectors were slightly shorter than the real thing. I was hoping to use this to replace a genuine ResMed hose, so it was easy to compare the two. The last thing I noticed was that the ResMed and SlimLine logos on the connectors were "debossed" or sunken down into the gray rubber. On my genuine hose, they're embossed-- sticking up.  I phoned ResMed's office here and they advised me that they don't package anything without their identifying data, nor would it say Made in China. The logos on their hoses are always embossed.  Nobody likes paying a premium for CPAP gear but when you're breathing through something for ~50 hours a week, it's worth it to me.  
Bogus tubing:      

Real ResMed:      
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WARNING - POSSIBLE RESMED KNOCK-OFF
srlevine1 I came across a warning from ResMed. Packaging. I didn't save it. Said they package in boxes; anything else is a knock-off.

My last purchase was a ResMed N30i. It came in a plastic bag; full descriptions. I don't know if it's real. Last night I got a really good AHI (0.6) Before best was 3.6 before.

Thanks for the post.
Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  [CPAP] Can you get a warning about no SD card? jerrykur 8 627 08-06-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  WARNING to CPAP Users: PREPARE for the Unexpected - When the power goes out SuperSleeper 231 120,246 07-21-2023, 05:07 AM
Last Post: baffled
  CHINESE KNOCK-OFF CPAP srlevine1 7 1,369 06-15-2023, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  [Equipment] Warning: Malware found on Contec RS01 gnluna 14 1,783 01-25-2022, 06:46 AM
Last Post: selfcoacher
  [News] WARNING: AROMATHERAPY srlevine1 1 704 10-27-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [How to] WARNING: RESMED WATER CHAMBER MISTAKE srlevine1 3 3,496 04-13-2021, 04:47 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.