Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stellar 150 vs Astral 150
Stellar 150 vs Astral 150
Does anyone have experience with both?

I'm on S9 ST-A with IVAPS for hypoventilation and one thing that it's missing is "fall time" to make exhalation smoother. It's so abrupt that I can't sleep with it, so I end up using it with lower pressure support which yields worse results. Aircurve 10 ST-A doesn't have it either. Stellar 150 has it and I've noticed that some of them sell used for the same price as Astral 100/150, which seems like a much more hardcore ventilator, but it has modes that sound similar to IVAPS. My head is spinning trying to decipher the difference between ACV, SIMV and half a dozen other modes. Has anyone tried both? Which one is more comfortable?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Stellar 150 vs Astral 150
There are Clinician manuals for the machines you describe. Possibly the manuals could shed some light on the difference between the machines, and what may work best for you.

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2019, 05:45 PM)ntntnt58 Wrote: Does anyone have experience with both?

I'm on S9 ST-A with IVAPS for hypoventilation and one thing that it's missing is "fall time" to make exhalation smoother. It's so abrupt that I can't sleep with it, so I end up using it with lower pressure support which yields worse results. Aircurve 10 ST-A doesn't have it either. Stellar 150 has it and I've noticed that some of them sell used for the same price as Astral 100/150, which seems like a much more hardcore ventilator, but it has modes that sound similar to IVAPS. My head is spinning trying to decipher the difference between ACV, SIMV and half a dozen other modes. Has anyone tried both? Which one is more comfortable?

Stellar 150 has the same familiar bi-level modes of therapy as the S9 VPAP ST-A. The difference with the Stellar 150 is that it adds an internal battery, more alarms, and can also support invasive use.

The Astral series is a more full fledged ventilator with more advanced modes of therapy. It allows ventilator dependent patients to go out and about and enjoy life should they wish.

I never had much luck with the iVAPS mode. The pressure changes are too quick even while awake and I end up getting out of sync with the machine. I much prefer ST mode since it's easy to get used to a fixed pressure eventually.
Post Reply Post Reply
A few years ago I did light research on the Stellar and Astral series. Similar take as Matt00926 on these. I've never used either so no comment in that aspect.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Mother's ResMed Astral 150 not keeping oxygen level high enough/what should I ask? Helena 4 514 12-13-2023, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Help? Oxygen level and ResMed Astral 150 Helena 11 2,858 11-18-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: Helena
  ResMed recalls Stellar 100 and 150 ventilators Jeff8356 0 995 02-19-2020, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
Question [Equipment] Astral 150 Ventilator tech question Jer 8 1,994 02-17-2020, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Jer
  Resmed Stellar 150 airbusA346 1 954 10-24-2019, 05:52 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Pressure] New Stellar 100 too strong for 12yr old daughter Melisel 8 1,664 11-06-2017, 11:24 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.