Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

recommendation for high central/CA events
recommendation for high central/CA events
From Oscar I can tell that most of my AHI events are CA/Clear Airway. My OSA is way low but I'm still tired all the time. I'm going to turn of EPR for a week just to see if it makes any difference. Anything else I should be trying? When I spoke to my doctor last time, he mentioned that maybe a Bi-PAP is a better option for me.

Thanks and good sleep to all!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: recommendation for high central/CA events
These are good numbers, how do you feel?

Reducing EPR should help, you may not need to turn it off. Start with EPR=2 and work down.

If not try a VAuto and set sensitivity to high. That makes your inhale start on a much smaller signal. Some need very high but better to try high first.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are great. If you are getting good sleep, I would not change anything
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice! I still feel crappy all the time. My AHI was around 8 when I had the sleep study. I think I probably have UARS, I might have lots of events not captured by the CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board,

We're data driven. Post a copy of your detailed diagnostic test that your personal info is blacked out. If you don't have it, request it from your prescribing physician. HIPAA law permits you to request and receive it. No isn't an acceptable answer in the US. We need to see what your test tells us. Since you think CA is your issue, we'd need at least the event type and count doing that test. The diagnostic was the first sleep study, the one without CPAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 243 4 hours ago
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 12 2,663 04-13-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 108 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Cannabis treating central apneas? ashwa 17 2,550 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 42 1,218 04-09-2024, 05:17 PM
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 188 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 191 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.