Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still At It , Mixed Results
Question 
Still At It , Mixed Results
So, I guess I've been at this CPAP thing for a couple years now. 

The results are mixed.  Time on the mask per night varies from 2 to 6 1/2. AHI's go from 1 to 5-6 and large leaks are always a problem.

I've tried a few more masks, but keep coming back to the Amara View. But even it's fit is iffy at times.  I haven't measured, but I'd swear my face changes size overnight.

My Hypertension is under control, but that required a med change when I started up with PVC's. Now both are under control.

The recurrent sinus and ear infections are still a thing...with CPAP causing the ear infections if I yawn or cough with the mask on.

So are mediocre results the norm?
Brian

"I drank WHAT?" - Socrates
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still At It , Mixed Results
You really need to post your OSCER results, someone here could help...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
So I got around to downloading and installing OSCAR. But I don't really know what I should provide in terms of data....
Brian

Post Reply Post Reply
You want to go to view and down to reset graphs and choose standard. Then take off the calendar, pie chart and the AHI should be at the top of the left column. That's it press f12 to take a screenshot and post. Not to hard. If they need to see other graphs they will ask or to zoom in to a special part of a graph.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the magic page to show me what to post...so here goes.

Brian

Post Reply Post Reply
There may be some gurus come but if not, raise the min to 7 and the epr 2. That should help the Hypopnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your leaks are an issue over 30% of the time over the leak line see if you can fix those
Post Reply Post Reply
What have you tried for the leaks?
Your leaks are bad enough that the data measured can’t be trusted.
I tried everything and only a N30i with cervical collar and 2” mouth tape has worked so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Overall, I've tried 6 or 8 different full face masks. Resmed F10/20/30, my current Amara View (L) and a few lesser knowns.

All the Nasal pillows and (can't think of the other terem, but they remind me of hose barbs) are problematic with my deviated septum and other sinus problems. The pillows leak as bad as the full faces anyway. 

To be honest, even on the nights where I do manage to get through with a green dot for large leaks, I don't feel any more rested than if I didn't use it at all.
Brian

Post Reply Post Reply
The fact that the leak rate is high while using a full face mask indicates your mask is not fitted properly.

How do you sleep? Are you awakened by the sound of leaking?
What position do you sleep in... back, side or stomach?

Have you read the mask primer?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,321 8 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 386 Yesterday, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 193 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,536 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,957 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 146 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 210 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.