Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still Feel Tired After all This Time
RE: Still Feel Tired After all This Time
Alls well that ends well. I forgot about "The Lanky Lefty" videos. One of the best ones...
Post Reply Post Reply
Old Steve,

I am happy for you.

You are still having flow limitations that increase pressure. I am not surprised, because you are getting deeper sleep your airways may relax more. Just a bit more patience.

You may increase minimum pressure by 1 cm, or
increase EPR by one to 3 and min pressure by 2 cm.

Both will give the same new minimum.

Set the maximum to 12 cm, so you do not need to worry about it going higher.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night.  Pressure up 1cm and max down to 12cm.

Is there anything else that you think I should do?

Thanks.

Old Steve

Post Reply Post Reply
With an AHI that low, enjoy! Your Flow Limitations would lead me to believe that they are positional induced. Again, with your AHI so low, I wouldn't worry. Don't expect a 0.0. Many users get target fixation on this value and don't realize a non-apnea person will experience an event normally. While the base target is rather high at 5.0 for our standards, there is a reason the apnea standards used this value as a base determinate.

The bottom line now is, How do you feel?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2022, 07:47 PM)KeepSmiling Wrote: Old Steve,

I am happy for you.

You are still having flow limitations that increase pressure.  I am not surprised, because you are getting deeper sleep your airways may relax more.  Just a bit more patience.  

You may increase minimum pressure by 1 cm, or
increase EPR by one to 3 and min pressure by 2 cm.

Both will give the same new minimum.

Set the maximum to 12 cm, so you do not need to worry about it going higher.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, not much to say. Just excellent.

The only minor point I would perhaps make is the 12 max.  We have had only a few days of good data, and I think it may be interesting not to set the cap too tight yet for a while, and see if the pressure floats up significantly, and if so, why.

A short while ago there were some very high values (18-19 cms) caused  by some mega clusters, which were really clear to see. Just move cautiously and follow the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Old Steve

How was last night.

______

Expat31,

I recommended to max at 12 cm, so OldSteve would not be afraid to increase minimum.
Post Reply Post Reply
@KeepSmiling

His results so far are quite remarkable. Cleanest set of graphs just about I have ever seen. Just shows how vital minimum pressures are in catching problems before they start, and the dreaded phenomenon of dorsal sleeping that can cause so many problems also, and can be quite difficult to address.
Post Reply Post Reply
By 'dorsal sleeping' do you mean 'supine position'?

From Wikipedia: "Using anatomical terms of location, the dorsal side is down, and the ventral side is up, when supine."
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The last two nights were not great.  I don't think it had anything to do with the settings.  Both nights I woke up and had pains in my shoulders, back and arms and had a hard time just staying asleep.   I assume it is caused from changing my sleep position after twenty years from my back to my side,   I have some arthritis and I am not a kid anymore.  Hopefully in a few more nights things will get better.  I didn't have a Oscar chart from the night before, but it was 1.4AHI, here is my chart from last night...

Even with the waking and pain I am having, I still feel more refreshed now than I have the past twenty years...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 84 1,695 48 minutes ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Feel WORSE after getting Leaks under control - hopeless HarleyGirl63 3 117 Yesterday, 01:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Inspiration and Expiration Time MrIvanDrago 18 1,129 04-22-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  My insp time is always longer than my exp time...is that bad? jake79 2 103 04-22-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 1 95 04-22-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How long did it take for you to feel better on CPAP? Pebble 6 197 04-21-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: AndyB
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 12 316 04-20-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.