Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still can't get CMS50D+ to work
Still can't get CMS50D+ to work
I recorded some data and uploaded it to the computer (PC). But the only data I see in the file is date/time and duration. There is absolutely no actual oxygen data in the graph or on the tabular printout. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

And BTW, I also have a non-recording oximeter. That one measures my resting level at between 96-97, which matches the gauge in my doctor's office.
The CMS50D+ reads a full 2% low every time (94-95). Clearly there's a calibration issue with the consumer devices.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still can't get CMS50D+ to work
Are you sure you had the record off? If you turn it back on all you'll get the date and time with a short duration and no data. Turning it back on erases all the data previously recorded.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 50D+ doesn't have an onboard clock. Did you assign the correct starting time and date to the downloaded data? If you used the SpO2 Assistant, you can use the data file that the software downloaded.

The way I remember the technical data that accompanied the CMS-50's it stated that the accuricy is +/- 2%.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jimsp1: Thanks for the tip. There's a chance that I may have turned it back on to record momentarily after making the overnight recording. I'll try again.
sgearhart: Good point. I didn't assign any date/time info. I just used the file that downloaded to the computer. Somehow It figured out the date/time and duration, although the start time is about two hours early (wrong time zone perhaps).
Post Reply Post Reply
using it and the software: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...2_software

importing it into Sleepyhead: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Paula02. I have the original, but I've seen larger fonts on microfilm. This one is much easier to read.
Post Reply Post Reply
And the translation makes it more difficult. And funny. If I remember correctly, it says to hang yourself by the lanyard.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Working now. Thanks everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2015, 03:10 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: And the translation makes it more difficult. And funny. If I remember correctly, it says to hang yourself by the lanyard.

Dielaughing
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2015, 11:52 PM)DariaVader Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 03:10 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: And the translation makes it more difficult. And funny. If I remember correctly, it says to hang yourself by the lanyard.

Dielaughing
I tried that, but it didn't work. Got a low AHI though.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 73 9 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 622 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,371 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 752 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  RESMED S9 Smart Stop does not work Taxifahrt 20 13,321 05-14-2023, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Patt1
  High AHI, Extreme Fatigue, Cannot get CPAP or BiPap to work exchanged 2 599 04-28-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: exchanged
  [Diagnosis] Can Cpap "work" but still be useless in treating symptoms? tom41 13 1,086 04-25-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.