Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still cannot read card data for Sleepyhead (PR System One REMstar 60 Series)
RE: Still cannot read card data for Sleepyhead
Jenny,
SleepyHead will not work with PR - 60 at this time. You need EncoreBasic. This is not openly available. BTW: SleepyHead is better, it is supposed to work at some time in the future.
Ed M.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 07:45 AM)edm_msu Wrote: Jenny,
SleepyHead will not work with PR - 60 at this time. You need EncoreBasic. This is not openly available. BTW: SleepyHead is better, it is supposed to work at some time in the future.
Ed M.

Thanks, Ed M. I've just recently been feeling better (rested), and once I come off the high I've been on for a few days with feeling so much better, I'll pursue tracking down the software. I love my new Series 60, though, with the ability to reset the data each day and check it the next to at least see how the AHI is doing and the 90% pressure. Just recently I've got it tweaked to where the AHI is fluctuating between 0.6 and 1.2 -- it feels like this can't be true, but it is, due to how great I've been feeling lately, thanks to the very helpful forum info and persons and God. Thank you forum people.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 07:57 AM)Jenny Wrote:
Ed M.

Thanks, Ed M. I've just recently been feeling better (rested), and once I come off the high I've been on for a few days with feeling so much better, I'll pursue tracking down the software. I love my new Series 60, though, with the ability to reset the data each day and check it the next to at least see how the AHI is doing and the 90% pressure. Just recently I've got it tweaked to where the AHI is fluctuating between 0.6 and 1.2 -- it feels like this can't be true, but it is, due to how great I've been feeling lately, thanks to the very helpful forum info and persons and God. Thank you forum people.
Thanks

It's a pretty big wakeup call when you see how much better you feel now, and then look back, isn't it? I was one of the lucky people that lost all my symptoms the first night... that was almost scary. I haven't dozed off before actually going to bed since the first night on CPAP, and actually woke up the first morning with a clear head, more energy, able to concentrate, (and more importantly, to remember things) and, honest to god, my first thought was "holy crap...!" The difference t hat morning was so dramatic. If I'd known how bad I was actually feeling, I wouldn't have put off doing something about it for so long. In fact, if it had been the other way around... if I'd woken up one morning suddenly feeling as terrible as I now realize I had become, after feeling like I do now, I'd have called an ambulance.

Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead will not work with PR - 60 at this time. You need EncoreBasic. This is not openly available.

Hi Ed,

If EncoreBasic is a commercial product, any link to a free download of it would be pirated software I would think... unless you're telling me that it is intended to be free?

Anyone know if EncoreBasic is actually FREE or is this copy that's being distributed pirated?

If it's actually FREE, someone send me the download link via PM or email (apneaboard@gmail.com) and we'll make it available in the Private Files and Links area here for folks to use.

Thanks.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
SuperSleeper,
I believe the software is legitimate, not pirated. As an administrator, you have some valid questions. I do not fully know how to answer them so I'll send you a PM so you can look into this further. I'll send you information about somebody who can answer your questions better than I can.
Ed M.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 09:34 AM)edm_msu Wrote: SuperSleeper,
I believe the software is legitimate, not pirated. As an administrator, you have some valid questions. I do not fully know how to answer them so I'll send you a PM so you can look into this further. I'll send you information about somebody who can answer your questions better than I can.
Ed M.

Thanks Ed... just don't want Apnea Board to get sued for distributing pirated software, so I'm very cautious on this stuff being posted publicly, unless we can be sure it's legit and legal.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 08:14 AM)CHanlon Wrote: [quote='Jenny' pid='7428' dateline='1334926621']
[quote='edm_msu' pid='7426' dateline='1334925909']

It's a pretty big wakeup call when you see how much better you feel now, and then look back, isn't it? I was one of the lucky people that lost all my symptoms the first night... that was almost scary. I haven't dozed off before actually going to bed since the first night on CPAP, and actually woke up the first morning with a clear head, more energy, able to concentrate, (and more importantly, to remember things) and, honest to god, my first thought was "holy crap...!" The difference t hat morning was so dramatic. If I'd known how bad I was actually feeling, I wouldn't have put off doing something about it for so long. In fact, if it had been the other way around... if I'd woken up one morning suddenly feeling as terrible as I now realize I had become, after feeling like I do now, I'd have called an ambulance.

Ed, your story, to me, is quite miraculous. My main problem was taking naps and falling asleep without the CPAP or taking it off for only about an hour or two with both events. Even though I'd sleep with the CPAP for about 4 or 5 hours, those two hours without the CPAP would leave me destroyed for at least a day. I read on another forum that a girl said this would happen to her too. I know I don't feel like a normal person without apnea, there is still a lingering weird feeling in my brain (I can't explain it better), but it is NOT "Zombieland" or "this side of dead" anymore and I am able to push on through to actually living and feeling like a human being, which is everything to me now. I know exactly what you mean about your "calling an ambulance" thought. It is soo true. This apnea has basically killed my friendships (had to let friendships disappear because I was too out of it to keep them alive), no relationships with most family members, no job, horrible resume, but as of this time in my life--I don't blame anyone and I don't care about any of it. I know I will survive to the end now, and I will not be in torment anymore. I know I'll get a job too--I'm not depressed about any of it because the feeling of waking up not this side of dead makes me able to face the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 09:47 AM)Jenny Wrote:
(04-20-2012, 08:14 AM)CHanlon Wrote: [quote='Jenny' pid='7428' dateline='1334926621']
[quote='edm_msu' pid='7426' dateline='1334925909']

Ed, your story, to me, is quite miraculous. My main problem was taking naps and falling asleep without the CPAP or taking it off for only about an hour or two with both events. Even though I'd sleep with the CPAP for about 4 or 5 hours, those two hours without the CPAP would leave me destroyed for at least a day. I read on another forum that a girl said this would happen to her too. I know I don't feel like a normal person without apnea, there is still a lingering weird feeling in my brain (I can't explain it better), but it is NOT "Zombieland" or "this side of dead" anymore and I am able to push on through to actually living and feeling like a human being, which is everything to me now. I know exactly what you mean about your "calling an ambulance" thought. It is soo true. This apnea has basically killed my friendships (had to let friendships disappear because I was too out of it to keep them alive), no relationships with most family members, no job, horrible resume, but as of this time in my life--I don't blame anyone and I don't care about any of it. I know I will survive to the end now, and I will not be in torment anymore. I know I'll get a job too--I'm not depressed about any of it because the feeling of waking up not this side of dead makes me able to face the day.

That was me, actually. :-) Quoted quotes get a bit complex. :-)

Yeah, I didn't realize that most people don't get similar results, and that I was pretty lucky to see such dramatic results so fast. I have 2 other family member that have SA, and they've had more trouble. but for them it was mostly just adjusting to using the machine, and the mask, etc. For me that was a non-issue - I'm a SCUBA diver, so I'm used to breathing with devices all over my face. While the mechanics are a bit different - with scuba you breathe through your mouth, and only exhale through your nose to regulate the pressure/water in your mask - the fact that I'm comfortable with that seems to have alleviated some of the stress of learning to be comfortable with CPAP.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 12:46 PM)CHanlon Wrote: That was me, actually. :-) Quoted quotes get a bit complex. :-)

Just wait until you try to quote a quote that's quoting a quote quoted by another member... readers go nuts trying to decipher it all and figuring out who wrote what, exactly.... Crazy Big Grinnie

The quoting feature seems to get a lot of folks confused at times. I'd recommend folks read Paula's tutorial on posting with quotes, HERE.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still cannot read card data for Sleepyhead (PR System One REMstar 60 Series)
Or, better yet, don't use the quote at all. Just use the blank section at the bottom of the thread. Much faster, actually.

Edited to add:
The section about quoting is here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...85#pid3285
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 270 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 248 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 979 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 334 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,689 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 553 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Archive SD card data txrpls 3 846 12-18-2023, 07:11 PM
Last Post: txrpls

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.