Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still getting high Hypopneas
Still getting high Hypopneas
[attachment=1671]Hi everyone I've recently taken delivery of a Resmed S9 Autoset and going great with the data reporting etc, but these reports have confirmed to me something that has pretty much plagued me from day one - namely, high hypopneas. I am getting a reasonably healthy AHI score of around 4 most nights with only a couple of apnea events usually but this score is almost invariably inflated by the high occurence of hypopneas, and I know I can get the AHI a lot lower if I could just eliminate some of them. A few can be accounted for by mask leaks, but not all. I have experimented a bit with my pressures, but this doesn't seem to have made any difference. I'm at a loss, so I have posted a screenshot of last night's sleepyhead data. I realise it's time consuming to comb through it but I'd really appreciate if it if anyone could take a look and see if anything jumps off the page. Or maybe I shouldn't even be worried about these events? Thanks everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still getting high Hypopneas
Can you post a shot showing "Details", and graphs ... pressure, snore, flow limitation
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2015, 09:14 PM)zonk Wrote: Can you post a shot showing "Details", and graphs ... pressure, snore, flow limitation

Is this what you mean Zonk?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Andy,

I think this is what Zonk has in mind. Note which graphs are showing -- these are the most helpful for us to see. (Drag graphs in SleepyHead so they'll all appear in one screenshot like this example.)

[Image: sample_zps188430d8.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using EPR? If yes then At what level (1,2 or 3)?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2015, 01:28 AM)kaiasgram Wrote: Hi Andy,

I think this is what Zonk has in mind. Note which graphs are showing -- these are the most helpful for us to see. (Drag graphs in SleepyHead so they'll all appear in one screenshot like this example.)

[Image: sample_zps188430d8.jpg]

Kaiasgram I can't get everything to appear in one window even by changing my screen resolution. How did you do that?

I think I've included everything across the two screenshots though
(08-16-2015, 01:44 AM)AshSF Wrote: Are you using EPR? If yes then At what level (1,2 or 3)?

Hi AshSF

No I'm not currently using EPR
Post Reply Post Reply
In SleepyHead you can grab and drag graphs into the position you want them. You can also shrink the height of graphs by positioning your cursor on the horizontal line of a graph and 'pull down' the ceiling of that graph. I shrink my event flag (top) graph, and since I don't really have significant leaks or snores I shrink those down too, in order to fit all the graphs in one screenshot.

If you're having trouble you can post your graphs in two separate screenshots -- but it's nicer if we can see them all in one shot so we can look at correlations between pressure and say, flow limitations or snores, all at the same point in time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here it is again

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, that's helpful. Interesting -- your pressure never hit the Max, and the 95% number means that your pressure was at or below 12.70 for 95% of the night. So if that was my SH report I think I would increase the Min pressure a little and see if the Flow limitations and hypopneas start to decrease.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2015, 03:13 AM)kaiasgram Wrote: Thanks, that's helpful. Interesting -- your pressure never hit the Max, and the 95% number means that your pressure was at or below 12.70 for 95% of the night. So if that was my SH report I think I would increase the Min pressure a little and see if the Flow limitations and hypopneas start to decrease.

Yeah I did try that already but didn't see any improvement. It may not have been enough. And as you say, the upper pressure isn't being hit, so...hmm....I'm still a bit mystified by it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 234 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 126 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 701 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,433 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 214 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.