Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still getting obstructive apnea periods of 60sec
Two good days in a row
Two good days in a row, this time better than the last. I'm feeling pretty confident this is it.

Plus, I didn't use a pillow and my neck feels great this morning.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still getting obstructive apnea periods of 60sec
Awesome!
Post Reply Post Reply
3 days in a row!
Only 3 samples with the neck brace, but I just had my best AHI on record. 2 days in a row with zero obstructive events in unprecedented, let alone 3.

Post Reply Post Reply
6 days later. 5 of the days I wore my neck brace properly and had zero obstructions. 1 day I wore it too lose and in the morning I realized my chin could fit underneath the collar; consequently, I had a pretty bad sleep score again!

This is amazing, I'm super grateful for y'all. Not that it's anything huge, but I became an ongoing Patreon for this forum. <3 Really appreciate your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's wonderful to know that this group has been helpful to you and that you will stay engaged. My own experience in getting help for myself and a friend has been terrific, and I've seen so many others helped, too. It's really gratifying to me to stay involved and to support this Board.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another positional apnea problem solved!  I don't know how you created this graphic, but it's tempting to add it to the soft cervical collar wiki.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=18999]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
timcharper, have you used Gabapentin for some time? Do you use it during the day? Are you aware of the side effects it can have? It is a life saver for some people but many have some pretty bad problems with it--I'm one of them! You also need to taper it down slowly if you are getting off of it. Google it if you aren't aware of the problems it can cause. I am a real fan of the soft cervical collar--can't do without it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excuse my ignorance but where are these statistical plots coming from?
Is this a corner of OSCAR I've not stumbled into or are you using some external statistics software?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2020, 09:10 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Another positional apnea problem solved!  I don't know how you created this graphic, but it's tempting to add it to the soft cervical collar wiki.

Anyone would have my blessing to do so; please add the final "money chart" that tells the whole story in one image:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=19157]

(01-18-2020, 03:14 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: timcharper, have you used Gabapentin for some time?  Do you use it during the day?  Are you aware of the side effects it can have?  It is a life saver for some people but many have some pretty bad problems with it--I'm one of them!   You also need to taper it down slowly if you are getting off of it.  Google it if you aren't aware of the problems it can cause.  I am a real fan of the soft cervical collar--can't do without it.

I've used Gabapentin for some time, aware of the side-effects. I'm only taking 200mg / day which is a pretty low dose, and I only take it at night. I plan to wean off to 100mg/day and then totally off, if possible, and only take for RLS. Thanks!

(01-18-2020, 04:23 PM)ApneaQuestions Wrote: Excuse my ignorance but where are these statistical plots coming from?
Is this a corner of OSCAR I've not stumbled into or are you using some external statistics software?

I'm exporting the data from OSCAR and then using R to clean the data (remove all nights with < 4 hours logged), augment with my own data (pressure classification and cervical collar). Source code here: https://gist.github.com/timcharper/6efc4...9c87bfcfaf

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info on "R" and taking the time to upload your source code to GitHub.
I think I can see the next few days weeks or months of my life disappearing into R-land. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 767 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  New User: Obstructive Events Gone but Central Events appearing. bopbop 0 213 02-13-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bopbop
  ResMed Airsense 11 - Central vs. Obstructive FlowRider 7 939 12-22-2023, 12:24 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Mask pressure wave form with obstructive events jaredihnen 6 448 12-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.