Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still searching for a mask
Still searching for a mask
I've been at cpap for almost a year now and it feels like I'm not improving. I started out with a Quattro Air and due to blisters from the silicone (used padacheek and liners) still got bad red marks on bridge of my nose. Moved to the Amara View and struggled until I started to also get blisters on left side of face ( cut homemade liner) and last night had the largest AHI of almost 9. I also have a Airfit P10 which felt suffocating last night (took off after 3 hours) and went back to the Amara View. I'am a mouth breather so not sure where to go from here!
Very frustrated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still searching for a mask
I have had good luck with the F&P Simplus. That is the one I am currently using. I go back and forth with the Amara View. When I have allergies or a cold the View is more problematic. I have had minor issues with the Simplus at the bridge of my nose since it rides so high.

The Simplus might be worth a trial.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2015, 10:17 AM)foss Wrote: I have had good luck with the F&P Simplus. That is the one I am currently using. I go back and forth with the Amara View. When I have allergies or a cold the View is more problematic. I have had minor issues with the Simplus at the bridge of my nose since it rides so high.

Jeff
I wish that I would have gotten the Simplus instead of the Airfit P10 and will now have to wait until Febuary for Insurance. I guess this takes a long time to figure out
(09-20-2015, 10:17 AM)foss Wrote: I have had good luck with the F&P Simplus. That is the one I am currently using. I go back and forth with the Amara View. When I have allergies or a cold the View is more problematic. I have had minor issues with the Simplus at the bridge of my nose since it rides so high.

Jeff
I wish that I would have gotten the Simplus instead of the Airfit P10 and will now have to wait until Febuary for Insurance. I guess this takes a long time to figure out
Post Reply Post Reply
Judy, I know not everyone has the money to do this, but many online suppliers have extremely good return policies. It is possible to order one mask at a time and return them until you find one that works for you. I did this with Supplier #1 and I'm glad I did because I went through about 10 masks before settling on the F10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Judy1843,
It can take quite a few masks 'till you find one that you can live with and hopefully will work well for you.
Good luck to you and don't give up.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Judy I am certainly not an expert having been on cpap for just 4 months. I also use the resmed p10 and the Amara View masks. I'm not sure if there is a perfect mask but I am getting good results mainly thru determination I think. My preference is the p10 despite leakage above the recommended amount mainly via the mouth. I am ignoring it as my AHI IS GOOD (00 ---1.5) every night. My sleep test AHI was 88. The Amara View is at best OK. It also leaks and when I turn the head gear pulls one way causing even more leak and a sore nose. I have read as I'm sure you also have all the complaints and pros and cons about masks on this site. I guess what I'm trying to say is I think the best mask is a compromise between attitude determination and obviously a mask you don't hate. I decided a while ago these are the 2 masks I selected and they are going to work. Try and be guided by the results only and ignore all the other mask imperfections the experts tell us shouldn't occur. good luck...
Post Reply Post Reply
Same here, Judy. I had to try about 8 masks to find the right one.

You might want to up your low-end pressure to about 7cm. Some masks do not ventilate as well as others
and a bit higher pressure can get rid of that stifling sensation.

YMMV.

Best of luck on your quest!
Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greeting and biography for searching tpstinson72 2 173 02-03-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: tpstinson72
  Searching for successful treatment of PLMD Sleepcycle 2 553 05-24-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: sttebr
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,209 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,753 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Searching for best mask sailon1 11 1,890 01-01-2022, 03:01 PM
Last Post: sailon1
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.